University of Minnesota Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Updated Jul 14, 2014
4 interviews

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Few letters of recommendations from former mentors qualified me for this position as they were acquaintances with the PI. It took 2 weeks after initial contacts to receive an offer and paperwork from the HR.

No negotiation regarding the salary-benefits and insurance

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2012.

I responded to an online job advertisement, which asked for a cover letter, CV, and three references. I was then asked to have an interview over skype since I was on a different continent. I had the interview and several weeks later was offered the job via email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Minnesota in April 2008.

I submitted my resume and research summary to the contact info by email and since my qualifications are very closely matched to the job qualifications, I got an email from the professor asking some questions about my time line, general questions about my previous experiences, etc and what would be a good time for me to visit the campus and interview.

They asked me to buy the plane ticket and I got instructions on accommodations and the schedule for the day of the interview.

The day before the interview, the professor came to the hotel and took me to dinner. We chatted mostly about the potential project and about the city.

The day of the interview, I presented my work in front of the research group. They asked questions related to the talk. Then it was one-on-one talk with the Prof followed by lunch. Then I got a tour of the facilities by the staff and a tour of the lab by the students. It takes awhile to go from building to building since the U is big. At the end of the day, I met the Prof again in her office, and basically was told that I will be offered the job, but no specifics. A week later, I got the offer and since I like the research facilities, I took the job.

Interview Questions
    • A grad student asked me for some suggestions for her current project.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2009.

It's a good conversation with my boss. I fit the position very well.

no negotiation.

Worked for University of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!