University of Minnesota Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2014

2.3

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Applied through online system. Got an phone interview in 1 month. the phone talk is within 10 mins. Mainly about my previous research experience. The interviewer is pretty nice, no tricky questions, pretty informal talk. I think that the phone interview is mainly about testing my communication skills.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in November 2010.

I was contacted by them via e-mail asking to apply, I did so and was accepted.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in December 2011.

I initially applied through the UMN employment site, which allows you to directly upload all your documents (CV, cover letter, etc.). Within several days I was emailed to set up an interview time. Several days later I had my interview on site and was then given a tour of our building. Within a week I was called with notification that I was given the position! Email communication was always very prompt.

Interview Questions
    • As I was working in a department within the medical school, many questions involved patient privacy within clinical trials, familiarities with HIPPA guidelines, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2011.

one officer from UROP and one professor asked my background and specialties. Start from my courses and then the research that I had done before. They prefer programming on Labview, Arduino and Matlab to do signal processing and autoprocessing programming. Also they asked your work experience.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online and got the offer online and also through mail.
    Requirements for applicants can be found in each department admission office.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all of the requirements for graduate applications were normal.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!