University of Minnesota

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview Details – Applied through online system. Got an phone interview in 1 month. the phone talk is within 10 mins. Mainly about my previous research experience. The interviewer is pretty nice, no tricky questions, pretty informal talk. I think that the phone interview is mainly about testing my communication skills.

Interview Question – nothing special, previous reseach experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by them via e-mail asking to apply, I did so and was accepted.

Interview Question – None, no interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in December 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied through the UMN employment site, which allows you to directly upload all your documents (CV, cover letter, etc.). Within several days I was emailed to set up an interview time. Several days later I had my interview on site and was then given a tour of our building. Within a week I was called with notification that I was given the position! Email communication was always very prompt.

Interview Question – As I was working in a department within the medical school, many questions involved patient privacy within clinical trials, familiarities with HIPPA guidelines, etc.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2011.

Interview Details – one officer from UROP and one professor asked my background and specialties. Start from my courses and then the research that I had done before. They prefer programming on Labview, Arduino and Matlab to do signal processing and autoprocessing programming. Also they asked your work experience.

Interview Questions

Research Assistant

Interview Details – I applied online and got the offer online and also through mail.
Requirements for applicants can be found in each department admission office.

Interview Question – Almost all of the requirements for graduate applications were normal.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Minnesota

Worked for University of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Minnesota Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Minnesota employees and interview candidates.