University of Mississippi

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.4

Financial Aid Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Mississippi in March 2014.

The process included an initial application, resume and cover letter submission. The interview process was relaxed and very basic. I was familiar with the staff and that made the interview more comfortable.

There wasn't any.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Mississippi.

I spent a whole day being interviewed at "Super Saturday." The beginning of the day included group activities and ice breakers. We were broken into groups and did rotations of all of the activities that were going on. We did things like plan our perfect dorm, plan programs, etc. The end of the day included individual interviews.

None

Student Worker Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Mississippi.

I had to email a description of things I were capable of doing. I also discussed in the email my past work experiences, honors, etc. The next day, I was called for an interview. They asked your common interview questions. It was very easy. It was very laidback, yet professional.

Counselor's Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Mississippi.

I applied for the job via email, and got an interview invitation within a few days. However, most of the jobs are through an online application and take quite some time to get a call. I had a phone interview because I was four hours away. I had to provide references, then I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Though, jobs are negotiable depending on position and qualifications.

Regional Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Mississippi.

I received a call asking me to interview for this position. The interview involved a one on one meeting with the director, with the Assistant Vice Chancellor, and then a group interview. Questions are very typical, asking you to sell the school, etc: all things you would expect from someone who is recruiting. No questions about your resume really. It's like they all have a script and go around the room alternating. Hiring process was somewhat unprofessional, due to a lack of strong communication between the department and HR. Should have tipped me off to the office culture.

Interview Questions
    Unprofessional-- all over TEXT MESSAGE. Eeek.

Regional Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, MS

I applied online – interviewed at University of Mississippi in July 2013.

I applied online through the HR website and received a phone call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview process was 3 parts: a 4 person panel, one on one with the Director, and one on one with a Vice Chancellor. The panel part was all situational questions; what would you do if a student/parent asked/told you this? There was a script that they stuck to, bouncing around the room each asking different questions. They only asked one general question about what experience I had that I felt qualified me for the position. The one on one with the Director was more for me to ask specific questions about the position and the one on one with the Vice Chancellor is her stressing the importance of always acting professional in the position.

Interview Questions
    • 1.You are at a college fair and a parent who is an alum comes up to you. He is mad that Col. Reb is no longer the mascot and says he refuses to allow his children to attend Ole Miss until the Col. is back on the field. What do you say?
      2. What do you tell a prospective student who wants to major in something Ole Miss does not offer?
      3. What's more important, style or substance?

Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, MS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Mississippi in April 2010.

The department hires very less graduate students each semester. Usually acceptance rate is high in the Fall semester. There is no such interview process other than submitting our academic certificates and CV and statement of purpose to the graduate school as well as to the department. They screen out you from several applicants and let you know whether you got the admission or not.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You have to accept it.

Medicine Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Mississippi in April 2011.

They described circumstances for their need, detailed the duties and obtained information on qualifications. Based on this interview, additional screening interview will take place and a review of c.v. will determine if a visit and in-person interviews are warranted.

Graduate Researcher Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Mississippi in January 2007.

Straightforward interview. Discussed interests and past work, went over exam scores, and was accepted into program. It helps if you have taken classes by the interviewer, and have volunteered to help out outside of the normal semester.

Interview Questions
    • What areas in this field do you feel represent the most fertile area of research?   Answer Question