University of Mississippi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
University, MS

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Mississippi in April 2010.

Interview Details – The department hires very less graduate students each semester. Usually acceptance rate is high in the Fall semester. There is no such interview process other than submitting our academic certificates and CV and statement of purpose to the graduate school as well as to the department. They screen out you from several applicants and let you know whether you got the admission or not.

Interview Question – Why only this university?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You have to accept it.

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Mississippi.

Interview Details – I spent a whole day being interviewed at "Super Saturday." The beginning of the day included group activities and ice breakers. We were broken into groups and did rotations of all of the activities that were going on. We did things like plan our perfect dorm, plan programs, etc. The end of the day included individual interviews.

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Mississippi.

Interview Details – I had to email a description of things I were capable of doing. I also discussed in the email my past work experiences, honors, etc. The next day, I was called for an interview. They asked your common interview questions. It was very easy. It was very laidback, yet professional.

Interview Question – Every question was easy.   Answer Question

Regional Admissions Counselor Interview

University, MS

I applied online - interviewed at University of Mississippi in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the HR website and received a phone call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview process was 3 parts: a 4 person panel, one on one with the Director, and one on one with a Vice Chancellor. The panel part was all situational questions; what would you do if a student/parent asked/told you this? There was a script that they stuck to, bouncing around the room each asking different questions. They only asked one general question about what experience I had that I felt qualified me for the position. The one on one with the Director was more for me to ask specific questions about the position and the one on one with the Vice Chancellor is her stressing the importance of always acting professional in the position.

Interview Question – 1.You are at a college fair and a parent who is an alum comes up to you. He is mad that Col. Reb is no longer the mascot and says he refuses to allow his children to attend Ole Miss until the Col. is back on the field. What do you say?
2. What do you tell a prospective student who wants to major in something Ole Miss does not offer?
3. What's more important, style or substance?
  Answer Question

Counselor's Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Mississippi.

Interview Details – I applied for the job via email, and got an interview invitation within a few days. However, most of the jobs are through an online application and take quite some time to get a call. I had a phone interview because I was four hours away. I had to provide references, then I got the offer.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Though, jobs are negotiable depending on position and qualifications.

Regional Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Mississippi.

Interview Details – I received a call asking me to interview for this position. The interview involved a one on one meeting with the director, with the Assistant Vice Chancellor, and then a group interview. Questions are very typical, asking you to sell the school, etc: all things you would expect from someone who is recruiting. No questions about your resume really. It's like they all have a script and go around the room alternating. Hiring process was somewhat unprofessional, due to a lack of strong communication between the department and HR. Should have tipped me off to the office culture.

Interview Question – Sell Ole Miss in one minute.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unprofessional-- all over TEXT MESSAGE. Eeek.

Medicine Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Mississippi in April 2011.

Interview Details – They described circumstances for their need, detailed the duties and obtained information on qualifications. Based on this interview, additional screening interview will take place and a review of c.v. will determine if a visit and in-person interviews are warranted.

Interview Questions

Graduate Researcher Interview

Graduate Researcher

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Mississippi in January 2007.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview. Discussed interests and past work, went over exam scores, and was accepted into program. It helps if you have taken classes by the interviewer, and have volunteered to help out outside of the normal semester.

Interview Question – What areas in this field do you feel represent the most fertile area of research?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Mississippi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Mississippi interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Mississippi employees and interview candidates.