University of Mississippi Medical Center Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Mississippi Medical Center

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center in August 2011.

After applying online for an Administrative Assistant position, I received a response stating that I met the minimum education/experience requirements. I had to take an employment (typing) test to be considered for the job. But the test was extremely outdated and unfair. The equipment was beyond outdated, and the test itself wasn't timed properly. It's virtually impossible for anyone to pass their employment test. I think the entire process needs to be re-evaluated. I guess that's why even internals didn't even qualify for the job because a test that should be so simple is made so difficult by outdated equipment and computer programs.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions because it's very difficult to actually get an interview for the Administrative/Office positions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center in May 2011.

Interview with manager and head of department

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center in February 2010.

I applied for the job on UMC's online job center. I got a call back pretty soon for a 1:1 interview. The interview took about 20 minutes. She asked "Why do you want this job?" and "Tell me a little about yourself." I informed her that initially I could learn the basics in any dept, but that my long term goal was to eventually transfer to the neuro dept of case management because that is where I was currently working and felt I could be more of an asset to the team. She then went through what a typical day would be like and job requirements. She then asked if I was good with computers and turned the computer around and showed me some of the programs I would be using for the job. I left the interview feeling very confident and upbeat. I wrote a thank-you letter as a follow-up and since I already work at UMC in another dept I wanted to hand deliver my thank-you letter. I was walking with one of my coworkers and on the way we ran into the manager of the case management dept. She and my coworker turned out to be good friends. My friend introduced me to the manager and the manager knew who I was (I'm guessing the interviewer told her about me) I left them to talk while I dropped off my letter to the interviewer's office. I thanked her again for her time and handed her my letter. After meeting up with my coworker, she told me that the manager asked if I would be good hire, and my coworker (who has become a close and dear friend of mine) informed her that I would be great. But I never got a call back. About 3 months later I got an email saying they had decided to go with someone else. My final thoughts are: that UMC hired a financial company to restructure our company to focus on financial gain, and they combined what used to be 3 positions into 1 and labeled it "Case Manager" This in turn upset most of the case managers and the case management department had a mass exodus. I thought this would be a good time to get in with the department felt a strong desire to bring up morale and learn as much as I could and expand my knowledge base. But then even more people in the dept resigned including the person who interviewed me. Then I felt as though even if I would have gotten the job, so many people quit that there was no one there to train me to be the best I could be. ( Wonderful people who have been case managers for 20 years or more resigned.) I even talked to a new case manager and she told me that so many people quit that she just got "thrown out there and had to figure it out." I also feel like the manager of the case management dept worked closely with my nurse manager and did not want to steal one of her employees, and keep a good working relationship between departments. Finally, I feel that they were looking for an external person to come in rather than hire within UMC's already stretched short nursing staff.

RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center.

Initial interview was good except the clinical manager lied about what type of patients they receive