University of Missouri Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

1.8

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Process took around 2+ weeks and I met with the hiring manager, and HR representatives, and spoke about the qualifications and why I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Missouri

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

It varies by different professors. The professor gave me a test problem and I needed to go through a paper and write program to solve it. It was not a hard one, you can choose any programming language to write the program. After you successfully demonstrate your idea, you can start working in the lab if he agrees.

Interview Questions

• Go through a paper and solve the related problem and write a program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

$13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Questions

• Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Missouri (Rolla, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Very good systematic and friendly approach to hiring. Started from basic to in-depth knowledge testing. It is an experience of life time. Integrated questions from various subjects. ultimately it went well. Very patient interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

It depends on the advisor you work under. For me I literally explained what I did as an undergraduate and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Graduate research assistants receive a tuition waiver, health insurance subsidy (albeit the health insurance kind of sucks), and wound up with my monthly salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

Visit the University website to find out more about Graduate Degree Program Application Instructions. Your program of interest sets the application deadline, eligibility criteria and required application materials beyond what the Graduate School must receive. Extra materials may include a program-specific application, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and/or a resume.

Interview Questions

• The Graduate School requires official TOEFL or IELTS scores, sent directly from the testing service provider, for all applicants who come from areas where English is not the primary language. Learn more about the proficiency test requirement and proof-of-funding documents, and check your eligibility on our International Applicants page.   Answer Question