University of Missouri

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – I was assigned as a teaching assistant when I was accepted the offer.

Interview Question – The assistantship is not guaranteed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details – At the very beginning, I was told that I need to find an assistantship by myself. Then, I was told that I would have 0.25 assistantship working as a graduate teaching assistant.

Interview Question – Since I was assigned as a graduate teaching assistant, it was hard for me to answer this question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – In math department, since they need lots of people to teach, you basically just need to show them that you have the ability to teach. There are basically just one part in the interview process: mini teaching demo. You need to prepare for a 10 to 15 mins presentation for college algebra level material. You don't have to finish all the stuff they give you (they will email you the material 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.) just go as slow and as detailed as possible.

Interview Question – Not so much. Just pretend you are a good elementary school teacher   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

University City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in October 2013.

Interview Details – ask me couple of questions about customer services and do some math problems with calculator

Interview Question – What you will do if some customers are complaining?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor/Student Staff Interview

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online, then you go through a candidate class where you learn about the position with other candidates, you then will interview with a hall coordinator and a student staff member.

Interview Question – What educational interaction would you implement in your community?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Rolla, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Missouri in January 2010.

Interview Details – application online; phone interview; web interview; offer

Interview Question – What is your career goal? what challenges you most?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Columbia, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Missouri in July 2009.

Interview Details – Immediate, on-the-spot, informal interview was available once I came to the office and filled out an application. It was a fairly low-end college job, after all. I was hired immediately at the interview. Work then started a few weeks later at the beginning of the fall semester, since the interview took place during the summer.

Interview Question – Quite straight-forward, typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, since it was a low-level job with no professional salary number of any sort.

Writing Tutor Interview

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details – Yellow fur trim paint and a green blossom. Fruit was never a ding at the bell, but then donkey wow definitely issue lasers two for new. I then went into the great outdoors and fought two fish tank tops. Dadaism is a forte of the priests of Little Italy. Internet's okay but just don't tell the president.

Interview Question – Have you ever drank Cocaine-Cola?   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in May 2012.

Interview Details – $13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Question – Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Missouri in August 2009.

Interview Details – Visit the University website to find out more about Graduate Degree Program Application Instructions. Your program of interest sets the application deadline, eligibility criteria and required application materials beyond what the Graduate School must receive. Extra materials may include a program-specific application, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and/or a resume.

Interview Question – The Graduate School requires official TOEFL or IELTS scores, sent directly from the testing service provider, for all applicants who come from areas where English is not the primary language. Learn more about the proficiency test requirement and proof-of-funding documents, and check your eligibility on our International Applicants page.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Missouri

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Missouri interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Missouri employees and interview candidates.