University of Missouri Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.4

Graduate Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2008.

Interview

1. Email me to describe the position and effective day.
    2. After my response, a phone interview has been arranged.
    3. During the phone interview, several basic question has been asked like the background, paper, personal interest, why choose the current location and the goal university
    4. A presentation has been given to test the research skill.

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in September 2011.

Interview

Initial description of position in the interviews was very different than what the job and the co-worker situation actually turned out to be. After making an expensive and difficult move across the country for the job, I discovered in the first month the expectations were a moving target and unrealistic and that supervisors had no idea how to evaluate my type of work (research for businesses).

Interview Questions

• incompetent supervisors, vitriolic gatekeepers perpetuating groupthink among the management team, complete lack of trust and any real collaboration. Much like junior high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

odd and hard to interpret. discovered later they had tried to hire someone else but couldn't agree on salary.

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

A fairly standard phone interview followed up by additional discussions. We discussed my relevant job experience. We also discussed a few support scenarios and ran through some 'what-if' arrangements. There was some personal banter and discussions about future plans and intentions.

Test Guy Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

Interview

i guess i can't explain the hiring process since no offer was made

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

User Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

After submitting an application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked for references. I provided them and they called my references immediately after we finished.
    The following day I received another call asking for an impromptu Skype interview which I accepted. The Skype interview was quick and pleasant. 4 days later I received an official Offer Letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer I received was already higher than the posted amount, plus it was an almost 30% raise over my then current salary.
    I was pleased with the offer.

Sales Man Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Missouri in March 2012.

Interview

it was good and easy

Student Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in February 2009.

Interview

I saw a posting for the position on a bulletin board and submitted my resume. I was invited to a group interview where we were divided into three groups. We had to go through a series of activities. I then received an invitation to an additional interview with me and a panel of three employers. I was offered the position within the week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't know the answer to something?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in June 2009.

Interview

Depending on the position, submit CV or resume and a cover letter. in-person interviews.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

Interview

The position was advertised online on the university website and students had to apply online. Interview calls were by either email or by phone; in some cases, both. The interviews were one on one and were conducted well. The questions asked were related to the subject matter and some questions were very specific and intended to assess the skill of the student.