University of Missouri Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.5

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Slow response time. They have positions open and take 1-6 months before they even start screening for candidates. They usually look for professionals that are working in the area that they know personally. Everything of course is department and college based.

Graduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2008.

Interview

1. Email me to describe the position and effective day. 2. After my response, a phone interview has been arranged. 3. During the phone interview, several basic question has been asked like the background, paper, personal interest, why choose the current location and the goal university 4. A presentation has been given to test the research skill.

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri in September 2011.

Interview

Initial description of position in the interviews was very different than what the job and the co-worker situation actually turned out to be. After making an expensive and difficult move across the country for the job, I discovered in the first month the expectations were a moving target and unrealistic and that supervisors had no idea how to evaluate my type of work (research for businesses).

Interview Questions

• incompetent supervisors, vitriolic gatekeepers perpetuating groupthink among the management team, complete lack of trust and any real collaboration. Much like junior high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

odd and hard to interpret. discovered later they had tried to hire someone else but couldn't agree on salary.

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

A fairly standard phone interview followed up by additional discussions. We discussed my relevant job experience. We also discussed a few support scenarios and ran through some 'what-if' arrangements. There was some personal banter and discussions about future plans and intentions.

Events Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri in January 2015.

Interview

One on one with the manager, whom asked several questions. Several of the questions were centered around what i would do during different situations and understanding if I have issues with authority.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you cannot get ahold of anyone and there is an issue?   Answer Question

Quality Control Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone interview asking about general education/experience. About 3 days later I was invited to a formal interview. I met with the supervisor, administrative director of the department, department manager, and HR. I was given a tour and then got to meet some people in the group I would be working with. Very laid back, mostly talked about my experience and what made me right for the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as detail-oriented? Give an example.   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

Interview

The position was advertised online on the university website and students had to apply online. Interview calls were by either email or by phone; in some cases, both. The interviews were one on one and were conducted well. The questions asked were related to the subject matter and some questions were very specific and intended to assess the skill of the student.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri in June 2009.

Interview

Depending on the position, submit CV or resume and a cover letter. in-person interviews.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in February 2009.

Interview

I saw a posting for the position on a bulletin board and submitted my resume. I was invited to a group interview where we were divided into three groups. We had to go through a series of activities. I then received an invitation to an additional interview with me and a panel of three employers. I was offered the position within the week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't know the answer to something?   Answer Question