University of Missouri

39 candidate interviews

Graduate Researcher Interview

Graduate Researcher
Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in May 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Email me to describe the position and effective day.
2. After my response, a phone interview has been arranged.
3. During the phone interview, several basic question has been asked like the background, paper, personal interest, why choose the current location and the goal university
4. A presentation has been given to test the research skill.

Interview Questions

Test Guy Interview

Test Guy

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

Interview Details – i guess i can't explain the hiring process since no offer was made

Interview Question – how many tiles are on the floor?   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Student Advisor
Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

User Support Analyst Interview

User Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – After submitting an application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked for references. I provided them and they called my references immediately after we finished.
The following day I received another call asking for an impromptu Skype interview which I accepted. The Skype interview was quick and pleasant. 4 days later I received an official Offer Letter.

Interview Question – No difficult or surprising questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as the offer I received was already higher than the posted amount, plus it was an almost 30% raise over my then current salary.
I was pleased with the offer.

Sales Man Interview

Sales Man

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Missouri in March 2012.

Interview Details – it was good and easy

Interview Question – mine was my speaking in English   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Columbia, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Missouri in February 2009.

Interview Details – I saw a posting for the position on a bulletin board and submitted my resume. I was invited to a group interview where we were divided into three groups. We had to go through a series of activities. I then received an invitation to an additional interview with me and a panel of three employers. I was offered the position within the week.

Interview Question – What would you do if you didn't know the answer to something?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in June 2009.

Interview Details – Depending on the position, submit CV or resume and a cover letter. in-person interviews.

Interview Question – .   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

Interview Details – The position was advertised online on the university website and students had to apply online. Interview calls were by either email or by phone; in some cases, both. The interviews were one on one and were conducted well. The questions asked were related to the subject matter and some questions were very specific and intended to assess the skill of the student.

Interview Question – Which contains more caffeine, coffee or tea?   Answer Question

GRA Interview

GRA
Saint Louis, MO

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Missouri in April 2010.

Interview Details – first of phone interview, then group interview with professor and supersior, then got the job..it's not compicated and quick process

Interview Question – What's your professor skill   Answer Question

Student Techinacal Assistant Interview

Student Techinacal Assistant
Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Missouri in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then 1:1 interview. He asked me to send previous projects that i have done from school. A week later i got a call then i accepted the offer.

Interview Question – How do i resolve the conflict with supervisor?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!