University of Missouri

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.3

Graduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in May 2008.

1. Email me to describe the position and effective day.
    2. After my response, a phone interview has been arranged.
    3. During the phone interview, several basic question has been asked like the background, paper, personal interest, why choose the current location and the goal university
    4. A presentation has been given to test the research skill.

Test Guy Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

i guess i can't explain the hiring process since no offer was made

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri.

I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

User Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

After submitting an application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked for references. I provided them and they called my references immediately after we finished.
    The following day I received another call asking for an impromptu Skype interview which I accepted. The Skype interview was quick and pleasant. 4 days later I received an official Offer Letter.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as the offer I received was already higher than the posted amount, plus it was an almost 30% raise over my then current salary.
    I was pleased with the offer.

Sales Man Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Missouri in March 2012.

it was good and easy

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Missouri in February 2009.

I saw a posting for the position on a bulletin board and submitted my resume. I was invited to a group interview where we were divided into three groups. We had to go through a series of activities. I then received an invitation to an additional interview with me and a panel of three employers. I was offered the position within the week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you didn't know the answer to something?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in June 2009.

Depending on the position, submit CV or resume and a cover letter. in-person interviews.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Missouri in March 2009.

The position was advertised online on the university website and students had to apply online. Interview calls were by either email or by phone; in some cases, both. The interviews were one on one and were conducted well. The questions asked were related to the subject matter and some questions were very specific and intended to assess the skill of the student.

GRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Missouri in April 2010.

first of phone interview, then group interview with professor and supersior, then got the job..it's not compicated and quick process

Student Techinacal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Missouri in August 2010.

Phone interview and then 1:1 interview. He asked me to send previous projects that i have done from school. A week later i got a call then i accepted the offer.