University of Missouri

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – I was assigned as a teaching assistant when I was accepted the offer.

Interview Question – The assistantship is not guaranteed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Writing Tutor Interview

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details – Yellow fur trim paint and a green blossom. Fruit was never a ding at the bell, but then donkey wow definitely issue lasers two for new. I then went into the great outdoors and fought two fish tank tops. Dadaism is a forte of the priests of Little Italy. Internet's okay but just don't tell the president.

Interview Question – Have you ever drank Cocaine-Cola?   View Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details – At the very beginning, I was told that I need to find an assistantship by myself. Then, I was told that I would have 0.25 assistantship working as a graduate teaching assistant.

Interview Question – Since I was assigned as a graduate teaching assistant, it was hard for me to answer this question.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details – relax, and make sure you tell them your past job experiences.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you'll need to fill out some paper works.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – quick and easy. I was hired internally.

Interview Question – not sure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more $$$, they gave it to me after offering a low ball salary intially

OSS IIII Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – Great but the interview included current team members as well and some women can ce judgement or give you the cold shoulder.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I accepted as is.

Communications Specialist Interview

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Missouri in June 2008.

Interview Details – Incredibly long and drawn out. Typical phone interview, then face to face interview. Expect to show a portfolio.

Interview Question – Stereotypical questions are asked...nothing you shouldn't expect   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - what they offer is what you get.

Consultant Division of IT Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details – Very simple, sign up online they will email you and call you you in for a face to face.

Interview Question – Very basic questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Director Interview

Program Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in August 2011.

Interview Details – The panel interview consisted of several individuals from different backgrounds, but the questions that I was asked didn't really seem to make sense. Such as, what will you do in regards to social justice? What does that have to do with my job....nothing. However, initially, they were pleasant and inviting.

Interview Question – What would do to ensure social justice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not fare.

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Columbia, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Missouri in November 2010.

Interview Details – It depends on the advisor you work under. For me I literally explained what I did as an undergraduate and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Explain what I did as an undergraduate student.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. Graduate research assistants receive a tuition waiver, health insurance subsidy (albeit the health insurance kind of sucks), and wound up with my monthly salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Missouri

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Missouri interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Missouri employees and interview candidates.