University of Missouri

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.4

Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in September 2011.

Initial description of position in the interviews was very different than what the job and the co-worker situation actually turned out to be. After making an expensive and difficult move across the country for the job, I discovered in the first month the expectations were a moving target and unrealistic and that supervisors had no idea how to evaluate my type of work (research for businesses).

Interview Questions
    • incompetent supervisors, vitriolic gatekeepers perpetuating groupthink among the management team, complete lack of trust and any real collaboration. Much like junior high.   Answer Question
    odd and hard to interpret. discovered later they had tried to hire someone else but couldn't agree on salary.

Graduate Student Interview

phone interview in the first place, and then get an offer letter. You probably could get some fellowship if you check on the graduate school website. The interview is very unformal. I don't think it happen very often.

Calc Tutor Interview

Very easy process, submitted my application online, called a few weeks later and write away was asked a time i could come in to interview. did not even have to take a math test, kind of strange now that I think about it. the manager just asked me my availability and about my math experience, he told me i got the job right away and i filled out an availiability form and started tutoring right away, really awesome cool yeah

University of Missouri Front Desk Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Missouri.

The hiring and interviewing process was very relaxed and informal. I was interviewed by current Desk Attendants and Supervisors. I enjoyed the interview process and the current staff members were very informative about the position and its benefits. The interview also gave me valuable insight into the type of experiences that current Desk Attendant encounter. I enjoyed the interview and I would suggest and advice anyone applying for this position to just speak from your experiences and be honest.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of customer service based questions related to past experiences   Answer Question

Advancement Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in June 2013.

Initial phone screening followed by panel interview and often there is a 3rd interview with the department head and hiring manager. Interview process takes an average of 2-3 months. Panel interviewers have a set of 9 questions to ask each candidate - you may do well to expand upon each of the questions to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to describe in 'metrics' your success in previous positions held.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this entry level position. 1 year long competitive nonprofit fundraising residency program start-finish. They do offer flex-scheduling and overtime compensation.

Student Assistant Interview

First emailed the director of football operations to set up the meeting with one of the graduate assistants. When it came time for the interview, I went up to the facility and sat with the GA for about 15 minutes while he explained the job and asked me questions.

Interview Questions
    • How will you be able to handle working here and staying committed to your education   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in April 2010.

I hade three interviews. The first one was a phone interview where they asked me to talk about my experiences. The second one was a in person interview with my supervisor and she asked me behavioral question. The third was the final one with the Dean and he asked how I and students will benefit from hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • If a student came in and said they wanted to drop out of school, how would you address the situation.   Answer Question

Media Relations Asitant Interview

Application submitted then I waited for about a week and I recieved a phone call asking to come into their office for an interview. it was a one on one in person interview, wa very informal but the interviewer was a great guy and made you feel comfortable working there.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Process took around 2+ weeks and I met with the hiring manager, and HR representatives, and spoke about the qualifications and why I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

you have to undergo GTA workshop

Interview Questions
    • Make a 10mins presentation of whatever topic you choose to teach   Answer Question