University of Missouri

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.3

Advancement Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in June 2013.

Initial phone screening followed by panel interview and often there is a 3rd interview with the department head and hiring manager. Interview process takes an average of 2-3 months. Panel interviewers have a set of 9 questions to ask each candidate - you may do well to expand upon each of the questions to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to describe in 'metrics' your success in previous positions held.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this entry level position. 1 year long competitive nonprofit fundraising residency program start-finish. They do offer flex-scheduling and overtime compensation.

Writing Tutor Interview

Yellow fur trim paint and a green blossom. Fruit was never a ding at the bell, but then donkey wow definitely issue lasers two for new. I then went into the great outdoors and fought two fish tank tops. Dadaism is a forte of the priests of Little Italy. Internet's okay but just don't tell the president.

OSS IIII Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Great but the interview included current team members as well and some women can ce judgement or give you the cold shoulder.

No negotiation. I accepted as is.

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

quick and easy. I was hired internally.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more $$$, they gave it to me after offering a low ball salary intially

Peer Advisor/Student Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in February 2013.

Apply online, then you go through a candidate class where you learn about the position with other candidates, you then will interview with a hall coordinator and a student staff member.

Interview Questions
    • What educational interaction would you implement in your community?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

relax, and make sure you tell them your past job experiences.

Interview Questions
    you'll need to fill out some paper works.

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri.

I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in May 2012.

$13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Questions
    • Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

I applied online – interviewed at University of Missouri in May 2011.

Very good systematic and friendly approach to hiring. Started from basic to in-depth knowledge testing. It is an experience of life time. Integrated questions from various subjects. ultimately it went well. Very patient interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Missouri in November 2010.

It depends on the advisor you work under. For me I literally explained what I did as an undergraduate and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations. Graduate research assistants receive a tuition waiver, health insurance subsidy (albeit the health insurance kind of sucks), and wound up with my monthly salary.