University of Missouri Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.4

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri (University City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

ask me couple of questions about customer services and do some math problems with calculator

Advancement Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by panel interview and often there is a 3rd interview with the department head and hiring manager. Interview process takes an average of 2-3 months. Panel interviewers have a set of 9 questions to ask each candidate - you may do well to expand upon each of the questions to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked to describe in 'metrics' your success in previous positions held.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this entry level position. 1 year long competitive nonprofit fundraising residency program start-finish. They do offer flex-scheduling and overtime compensation.

Writing Tutor Interview

Interview

Yellow fur trim paint and a green blossom. Fruit was never a ding at the bell, but then donkey wow definitely issue lasers two for new. I then went into the great outdoors and fought two fish tank tops. Dadaism is a forte of the priests of Little Italy. Internet's okay but just don't tell the president.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever drank Cocaine-Cola?   1 Answer

OSS IIII Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Great but the interview included current team members as well and some women can ce judgement or give you the cold shoulder.

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted as is.

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

quick and easy. I was hired internally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more $$$, they gave it to me after offering a low ball salary intially

Peer Advisor/Student Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply online, then you go through a candidate class where you learn about the position with other candidates, you then will interview with a hall coordinator and a student staff member.

Interview Questions

• What educational interaction would you implement in your community?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

relax, and make sure you tell them your past job experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you'll need to fill out some paper works.

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

$13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Questions

• Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in September 2011.

Interview

Initial description of position in the interviews was very different than what the job and the co-worker situation actually turned out to be. After making an expensive and difficult move across the country for the job, I discovered in the first month the expectations were a moving target and unrealistic and that supervisors had no idea how to evaluate my type of work (research for businesses).

Interview Questions

• incompetent supervisors, vitriolic gatekeepers perpetuating groupthink among the management team, complete lack of trust and any real collaboration. Much like junior high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

odd and hard to interpret. discovered later they had tried to hire someone else but couldn't agree on salary.