University of Missouri Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.5

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

quick and easy. I was hired internally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more $$$, they gave it to me after offering a low ball salary intially

Peer Advisor/Student Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply online, then you go through a candidate class where you learn about the position with other candidates, you then will interview with a hall coordinator and a student staff member.

Interview Questions

• What educational interaction would you implement in your community?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

relax, and make sure you tell them your past job experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you'll need to fill out some paper works.

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I suspect that the primary reason that I got this interview was because of internal connections, though I had to pass through HR screening first so I was qualified for the position. I found the whole process fairly painless, actually. The people I interviewed with were kind and supportive throughout the process. Other than the usual case of nerves, I found that this interview prepared me well for the job and for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out of the ordinary for the field and most questions were fairly general. The questions were essentially the same for the phone and on-campus interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer was given as final and am unsure whether this would ultimately have been an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

$13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Questions

• Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Overall, it was a very informal setting. I was sat down in the office of the professor who would be my advisor. We talked a lot about what my goals were as an intern there and he asked me a lot about my experiences. We discussed rules and proper functioning of my role as an intern and what events I was expected to attend. We discussed what hours I would work as well.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations for this internship and what experiences do you hope to gain?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri in September 2011.

Interview

Initial description of position in the interviews was very different than what the job and the co-worker situation actually turned out to be. After making an expensive and difficult move across the country for the job, I discovered in the first month the expectations were a moving target and unrealistic and that supervisors had no idea how to evaluate my type of work (research for businesses).

Interview Questions

• incompetent supervisors, vitriolic gatekeepers perpetuating groupthink among the management team, complete lack of trust and any real collaboration. Much like junior high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

odd and hard to interpret. discovered later they had tried to hire someone else but couldn't agree on salary.

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

A fairly standard phone interview followed up by additional discussions. We discussed my relevant job experience. We also discussed a few support scenarios and ran through some 'what-if' arrangements. There was some personal banter and discussions about future plans and intentions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Rolla, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Very good systematic and friendly approach to hiring. Started from basic to in-depth knowledge testing. It is an experience of life time. Integrated questions from various subjects. ultimately it went well. Very patient interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

It depends on the advisor you work under. For me I literally explained what I did as an undergraduate and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Graduate research assistants receive a tuition waiver, health insurance subsidy (albeit the health insurance kind of sucks), and wound up with my monthly salary.