University of Montana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Alumni Caller Interview

Alumni Caller
Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Montana in December 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview

Interview Question – They weren't very difficult. "Are you personable and outgoing?"   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Montana in May 2010.

Interview Details – Asked to take the position of Instructor of a native language which was introducted for the first time on campus as a credited course.

Interview Question – A unexpected question for me was would I be willing to work for very little on a contract base with no garentees of job security.   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Missoula, MT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Montana in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy and formidable. You are in direct contact with the people who hire you. And you aren't getting some type of phone call from some director in an entirely different city. The questions pertain to your personality.

Interview Question – Literally none they ask about you about your major and how you can improve the world.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really smooth I am still a student so the wages were nice and I got the enjoyment of doing something I liked.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Missoula, MT

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Montana in January 2010.

Interview Details – We discussed my potential employment/admission through email and telephone conversations prior to me stopping by to meet up. During this meeting, we discussed the potential work to be done and my background experience. I asked several questions about the potential for me to work on different aspects of the research, which were answered positively. The people who work here are dedicated and knowledgeable, as well as friendly.

Interview Question – How well do you fit in to all this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Montana in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, was interviewed 2 weeks later, and hired 2 days after interview.

Negotiation Details – no comment

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Missoula, MT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Montana in October 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through the Human Resources office and received a phone call from the supervisor of the position inviting me for an interview. The interview lasted about an hour, and consisted of a range of questions, many of them generic "canned" interview questions that did little to allow me to demonstrate my experience and skills relevant to the position. If I had been the person conducting the interviews, I would have wanted to know more about how the candidates would address typical job duties and responsibilities. I didn't feel that the interview gave me a good chance to demonstrate my strengths, yet I still received an offer.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I received another offer that I accepted.

Worked for University of Montana? Contribute to the Community!