University of Nebraska

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Lincoln, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Nebraska in May 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call and interviewed the next day. The interview was very easy.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
Lincoln, NE

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Nebraska in October 2010.

Interview Details – Worked as an intern. While there a full time position opened up. I interviewed for the position but was passed up. I continued my internship and a few months later they hired me without a subsequent interview

Interview Question – Fairly straight-forward. They asked me about my experience. Since I was an intern they knew my skills and background fairly well. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated a higher salary since my pay was low. It's a non-profit though and they have plenty of pricey tenured professors and football coaches on the payroll.

Very Easy Interview

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Campus Tour Guide
Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Nebraska in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online to our campus work site, and was reached within the week to set up an interview. I was offered the job on spot after about 10 minutes. The worst part was getting cleared by HR. The university's HR department is slow and inefficient. They do not follow I-9 regulations properly and that can delay the process. No e-verify.

Interview Question – What do you know about the University?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a university job, they pay everyone minimum. If you can somehow do better, good on ya.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Managerial/Professional Position Interview

Managerial/Professional Position
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at University of Nebraska in August 2011.

Interview Details – The application process is easy & HR is great, but it's unfortunate when internal favoritism occurs during a public search, especially when the selected candidate doesn't meet preferred requirements. I learned that candidate privacy isn't always taken into consideration & the process can be a big waste of time for interested, but non-favored candidates. It sounds like this happens much more frequently than many care to admit. It appeared that the search committee was much more concerned about completing the standardized HR questions than actually getting to know the skills/depth of potential candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Nebraska? Contribute to the Community!