University of Nebraska

2.3

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Nebraska in November 2012.

I applied online to our campus work site, and was reached within the week to set up an interview. I was offered the job on spot after about 10 minutes. The worst part was getting cleared by HR. The university's HR department is slow and inefficient. They do not follow I-9 regulations properly and that can delay the process. No e-verify.

Interview Questions
    As a university job, they pay everyone minimum. If you can somehow do better, good on ya.

Managerial/Professional Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Nebraska in August 2011.

The application process is easy & HR is great, but it's unfortunate when internal favoritism occurs during a public search, especially when the selected candidate doesn't meet preferred requirements. I learned that candidate privacy isn't always taken into consideration & the process can be a big waste of time for interested, but non-favored candidates. It sounds like this happens much more frequently than many care to admit. It appeared that the search committee was much more concerned about completing the standardized HR questions than actually getting to know the skills/depth of potential candidates.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Nebraska in May 2011.

I received a phone call and interviewed the next day. The interview was very easy.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Nebraska in October 2010.

Worked as an intern. While there a full time position opened up. I interviewed for the position but was passed up. I continued my internship and a few months later they hired me without a subsequent interview

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight-forward. They asked me about my experience. Since I was an intern they knew my skills and background fairly well. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I should have negotiated a higher salary since my pay was low. It's a non-profit though and they have plenty of pricey tenured professors and football coaches on the payroll.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Nebraska in July 2010.

CV, Research goals, Recommendation letters, Teaching Philosophy, Areas of Specialization, Integration with core values. Informal face-to-face interview.

No Negotiation. Govt.Univ.-fixed salary