University of Nevada Las Vegas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

I had Skype Interview followed by campus interview. They all were friendly and ask some questions related to the job posting. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and your primary strengths and weakness related to teaching, research, and service while interviewing.

Scheduling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first step was completing an adobe form found online and submitting the form by email with a cover letter and references. The institution acknowledged receipt of the application. The request for the interview came several weeks later. The date requested for the interview was only a few days away when the request was made. The interview was conducted simultaneously by 2 staff members. An number of specific questions were asked. These questions were provided at the start of the interview as each question was answered. Those applicants that would move on to the next step would be contacted within a few weeks for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Those conducting the inter view were very impressive.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

Need to have a decent to good GPA. Definitely a GPA of 3.5 or higher is better to be offered the position. Have a decent GRE scores ( the higher the better). It's not as hard as other school to a GA position

Interview Questions

• there was no interview, the better your resume and your grades is the higher the chances to get the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

usually there no negotiation here, since the offer is the same for any GA poisition

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

There was no formal interview. I applied for the position at the same time I applied for my graduate degree. Pretty standard application procedure. Submitted a hard copy of my resume directly to the Graduate School.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. Just informal conversation with faculty members and office staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

It was based on online application package.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

After applying online I received a call for a phone interview. Then the second interview was in person and I was required to do a presentation. The second interview took all day and had various components (i.e., 1:1 interviews with administrators, group interview, presentation, and a campus tour). I almost forgot to mention, for the in person interview UNLV reimbursed me for my travel after I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you misadvised a student and it has postponed their graduation?   Answer Question

PBX Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

It is nice

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in September 2012.

Interview

applied online 8/24/2012 and had the interview 9/24/2012, so that waiting process took a month. It was a panel interview. Very friendly and laid back. Asked very general questions. Asked me back for a 2nd interview and gave me a week to respond. They were not going to pay for travel unless I was offered the position. Then I called HR (anonymously of course) and was told that ridiculous salary range and decided not to pursue a 2nd interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted in an in-person meeting with a potential faculty adviser. It took less than one hour. Potential research subjects for a Master’s Degree research project were discussed. Salary and benefits were non-negotiable and were not discussed. I knew I was going to be hired by the end of the meeting. I ended up doing a somewhat different research project from what had been discussed during the interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked was whether I was interested in specific research topics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

There is no interview for the schools. There are some interviews for the the graduate assistants that work for the international student office, graduate office, career services. student dorms, student union... the interviews are not though. They ask just simple behavioral questions and about your experience. Once I had an interview at the student dorm. At that time they were offering free accommodation for the dorm assistants.

Interview Questions

• Did you live in a college dorm previously, how was it?   1 Answer

I wanted to work for the economics department