University of Nevada Las Vegas

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

ESC Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was really simple asked basic qualifying question about work history, education, background, how can you enhance the UNLV brand. What "item" would you most likely identify with being any type of object. Why UNLV. How did you hear about the position. What do you like about UNLV.

Interview Question – The were not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can not negotiate you pay rate it is take it or leave it because they know all about their high turn over rates.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview Details – It was based on online application package.

Interview Question – Finding the right fit with my research interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

PBX Operator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview Details – It is nice

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enrollment Counselor & International Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied online 8/24/2012 and had the interview 9/24/2012, so that waiting process took a month. It was a panel interview. Very friendly and laid back. Asked very general questions. Asked me back for a 2nd interview and gave me a week to respond. They were not going to pay for travel unless I was offered the position. Then I called HR (anonymously of course) and was told that ridiculous salary range and decided not to pursue a 2nd interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in June 2009.

Interview Details – When I was first hired it was not a long interview but all of my previous qualifications were definitely taken into consideration. I had an exit interview that again did not last long as I left when I graduated.

Interview Question – 'Where do you see yourself in five years?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none as it was a work study position through the University.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a position in this organization. The interviewing committee was well-versed and knowledge. They made me feel very comfortable. They had an internal candidate they favored and ultimately hired. The person was the right person for the job and I think they could have saved everyone a lot of time by hiring this person to begin with.

Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in August 2010.

Interview Details – Nice, calm , practical and respectful employees. Phone interview with the director (who asked all of the questions) and 2 research analysts. Collaborative work climate. Hiring process is very quick. Interview questions were straightforward, to the point (mostly about the job rather than my personality) and serious (not conversational, just questions). Asked about data mining/data warehousing/ stat background, to describe my research experience and if I had applied experience in policy research/community,children research, my strengths/weaknesses, how I would use my organizational skills, spearhead a research study, the management type I work best under, writing experience is a plus.
Overall, seems like a good organization to work for.

Interview Question – What type of management style do I work best under.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Nevada Las Vegas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Nevada Las Vegas interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Nevada Las Vegas employees and interview candidates.