University of Nevada Las Vegas Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.4

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

I had Skype Interview followed by campus interview. They all were friendly and ask some questions related to the job posting. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and your primary strengths and weakness related to teaching, research, and service while interviewing.

Scheduling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

The first step was completing an adobe form found online and submitting the form by email with a cover letter and references. The institution acknowledged receipt of the application. The request for the interview came several weeks later. The date requested for the interview was only a few days away when the request was made. The interview was conducted simultaneously by 2 staff members. An number of specific questions were asked. These questions were provided at the start of the interview as each question was answered. Those applicants that would move on to the next step would be contacted within a few weeks for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • Those conducting the inter view were very impressive.   View Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Need to have a decent to good GPA. Definitely a GPA of 3.5 or higher is better to be offered the position. Have a decent GRE scores ( the higher the better). It's not as hard as other school to a GA position

Interview Questions
    • there was no interview, the better your resume and your grades is the higher the chances to get the position   Answer Question
    usually there no negotiation here, since the offer is the same for any GA poisition

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

There was no formal interview. I applied for the position at the same time I applied for my graduate degree. Pretty standard application procedure. Submitted a hard copy of my resume directly to the Graduate School.

Interview Questions
    • No interview questions. Just informal conversation with faculty members and office staff.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

It was based on online application package.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation.

PBX Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

It is nice

Enrollment Counselor & International Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in September 2012.

applied online 8/24/2012 and had the interview 9/24/2012, so that waiting process took a month. It was a panel interview. Very friendly and laid back. Asked very general questions. Asked me back for a 2nd interview and gave me a week to respond. They were not going to pay for travel unless I was offered the position. Then I called HR (anonymously of course) and was told that ridiculous salary range and decided not to pursue a 2nd interview.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in October 2011.

There is no interview for the schools. There are some interviews for the the graduate assistants that work for the international student office, graduate office, career services. student dorms, student union... the interviews are not though. They ask just simple behavioral questions and about your experience. Once I had an interview at the student dorm. At that time they were offering free accommodation for the dorm assistants.

Interview Questions
    • Did you live in a college dorm previously, how was it?   View Answer

I wanted to work for the economics department

ESC Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in November 2010.

Interview was really simple asked basic qualifying question about work history, education, background, how can you enhance the UNLV brand. What "item" would you most likely identify with being any type of object. Why UNLV. How did you hear about the position. What do you like about UNLV.

Interview Questions
    You can not negotiate you pay rate it is take it or leave it because they know all about their high turn over rates.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas in June 2009.

When I was first hired it was not a long interview but all of my previous qualifications were definitely taken into consideration. I had an exit interview that again did not last long as I left when I graduated.

Interview Questions
    • 'Where do you see yourself in five years?'   View Answer
    There was none as it was a work study position through the University.