University of Nevada Las Vegas Interview Questions in Nevada

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.3

Scheduling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first step was completing an adobe form found online and submitting the form by email with a cover letter and references. The institution acknowledged receipt of the application. The request for the interview came several weeks later. The date requested for the interview was only a few days away when the request was made. The interview was conducted simultaneously by 2 staff members. An number of specific questions were asked. These questions were provided at the start of the interview as each question was answered. Those applicants that would move on to the next step would be contacted within a few weeks for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Those conducting the inter view were very impressive.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted in an in-person meeting with a potential faculty adviser. It took less than one hour. Potential research subjects for a Master’s Degree research project were discussed. Salary and benefits were non-negotiable and were not discussed. I knew I was going to be hired by the end of the meeting. I ended up doing a somewhat different research project from what had been discussed during the interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked was whether I was interested in specific research topics.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

There is no interview for the schools. There are some interviews for the the graduate assistants that work for the international student office, graduate office, career services. student dorms, student union... the interviews are not though. They ask just simple behavioral questions and about your experience. Once I had an interview at the student dorm. At that time they were offering free accommodation for the dorm assistants.

Interview Questions

• Did you live in a college dorm previously, how was it?   1 Answer

I wanted to work for the economics department

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2011.

Interview

Very little in the way of an interview. Most based on CV and research interests with the graduate coordinator. Oftentimes, decisions on graduate assistantships is based on funding availability and then on previous academic success. What is helpful is reviewing the professor profiles in the department you are requesting an assistantship, find one with similar academic interests, and express interest in working with professor. It does not guarantee you will work with that professor, but may result in increased funding opportunities after you start.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2011.

Interview

There was a group interview and individual interviews. Overall it was fair and went well. I liked that there was a chance to shine in either the group or individual interview, if one of the interviews didn't go as well as it could have. Everyone was friendly and encouraging. I think to prepare it would be best just to think of general things about why you want to be an RA and what you'll do. Also, standard interview questions like 'describe a difficult situation' etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

When I was first hired it was not a long interview but all of my previous qualifications were definitely taken into consideration. I had an exit interview that again did not last long as I left when I graduated.

Interview Questions

• 'Where do you see yourself in five years?'   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none as it was a work study position through the University.