University of Nevada, Reno Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV).

Interview

IT Manager called me for an interview shortly after I applied on the University's career website. The interview was onsite and was pretty standard. Interviewer asked about myself, my job experience, and some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just basic interview/ getting-to-know-you type questions   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

3 Interviews plus public presentation. First interview is on the phone, second one online by skype, third one on site with a commission. After that there is a public presentation with ideas and what not. A little scary but everybody is really nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything is set, not negociable.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno.

Interview

TA offered with acceptance. So there really is no hiring and interview process. If you are not offered a TA, I guess there may be an interview process. Talk to the DGS.

Negotiation

No negotiations for TAs.

Computer Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

I applied for the sysadmin position and about a week later got called to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was typical in introducing myself and a basic gauge of my technical skills with the search committee. The committee consisted of staff within IT and other staff of the departments that I would be supporting. A week later I was asked to interview. The interview process was about 7 hours long meeting with multiple IT departments and groups within the departments I would be supporting. A tour of campus along with breakfast and lunch was provided.

Interview Questions

• There was no technical test. They asked lots of questions based on situations and "what-would-you-do"s. Every now and then a technical question was thrown in especially from the other server and sys admins - ex. how would you go about editing policy in AD.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation was higher than what I expected, so I had no complaints.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director and the Senior Director of the program. They asked me questions about my experience that pertained directly to the program. The whole interview took about 45 minutes. The process to get hired through the University is a longer than average process. I submitted my application in June/July and did not receive a call until September.

Interview Questions

• My experience with a specific program for data collection. I had very minimal experience with the system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was informed of my salary and then was told that it had increased since the last fiscal year, which was great. No negotiation necessary.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

It was Pretty simple. The normal questions that everyone asks. They were going over a list of questions that was prepared beforehand. They asked about strengths, weaknesses, education background, previous work experience and technical skills.

Administrative Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno.

Interview

The hiring process for an administrative faculty position is very stringent. The first phase of the interview is a phone interview, where a panel of interviewers will contact you and ask some typical interview questions (i.e. what is your experience, how do you think it relates, what are your accomplishments, etc.). If you make it through the phone interview, the second phase includes giving a presentation regarding the specific job duties to the interview panel and staff/faculty interested in attending. After the presentation you will then go through a panel interview similar to the phone interview, with the questions being a bit more in depth (i.e. what do you think it will take to successfully implement [job function], etc.). The second phase will generally be wrapped up with individual interviews with your potential supervisors, who will explain the reporting structures and job role. The is a very thorough process and typically takes a full day.

Interview Questions

• What single project or task do you consider to be your most successful career accomplishment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple as they came in with an offer near the top of the established pay range, much higher than I anticipated.

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Fairly simple and is very similar to any employment opportunity.

Library Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was by phone 2-3 weeks after completing the online application. The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions but invited me for an in person interview. I interviewed with the library manager who seemed tired but cordial. She asked some questions about my resume, some basic interview questions and took me on a tour. She didn't seem very interested in my experience- just kind of going through the motions. I wasn't too hopeful when I left- I did receive a nice "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter in the mail about 2 weeks later.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

Intense background and experience check. 5 panel interview with basic questions. It took a long time for the HR process to go through because they are so busy, after HR approved my application the interview process was a breeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation.