University of Nevada, Reno

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno.

IT Manager called me for an interview shortly after I applied on the University's career website. The interview was onsite and was pretty standard. Interviewer asked about myself, my job experience, and some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basic interview/ getting-to-know-you type questions   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in September 2013.

I was interviewed by the Director and the Senior Director of the program. They asked me questions about my experience that pertained directly to the program. The whole interview took about 45 minutes. The process to get hired through the University is a longer than average process. I submitted my application in June/July and did not receive a call until September.

Interview Questions
    • My experience with a specific program for data collection. I had very minimal experience with the system.   Answer Question
    I was informed of my salary and then was told that it had increased since the last fiscal year, which was great. No negotiation necessary.

Library Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in November 2012.

Initial contact was by phone 2-3 weeks after completing the online application. The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions but invited me for an in person interview. I interviewed with the library manager who seemed tired but cordial. She asked some questions about my resume, some basic interview questions and took me on a tour. She didn't seem very interested in my experience- just kind of going through the motions. I wasn't too hopeful when I left- I did receive a nice "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter in the mail about 2 weeks later.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in June 2012.

Intense background and experience check. 5 panel interview with basic questions. It took a long time for the HR process to go through because they are so busy, after HR approved my application the interview process was a breeze.

No negation.

Building Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in August 2010.

I applied in person and got a call a month later. I cam in for a one on one interview and got hired on the spot. Super easy interview. Just have lots of personality!

Archivist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in July 2010.

Through student government website. You submit your resume and they call you

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult situation   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in January 2010.

Very friendly - Technical - Was an Easy Interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online – interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in August 2009.

I did a phone interview with my advisor. he asked questions about my bachground and why I want to study here. Some