University of Nevada, Reno

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in June 2012.

Interview Details – Intense background and experience check. 5 panel interview with basic questions. It took a long time for the HR process to go through because they are so busy, after HR approved my application the interview process was a breeze.

Interview Question – Budget questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Director and the Senior Director of the program. They asked me questions about my experience that pertained directly to the program. The whole interview took about 45 minutes. The process to get hired through the University is a longer than average process. I submitted my application in June/July and did not receive a call until September.

Interview Question – My experience with a specific program for data collection. I had very minimal experience with the system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was informed of my salary and then was told that it had increased since the last fiscal year, which was great. No negotiation necessary.

Archivist Interview

Archivist
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in July 2010.

Interview Details – Through student government website. You submit your resume and they call you

Interview Question – Tell me about your most difficult situation   View Answer

Library Tech Interview

Library Tech
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was by phone 2-3 weeks after completing the online application. The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions but invited me for an in person interview. I interviewed with the library manager who seemed tired but cordial. She asked some questions about my resume, some basic interview questions and took me on a tour. She didn't seem very interested in my experience- just kind of going through the motions. I wasn't too hopeful when I left- I did receive a nice "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter in the mail about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – 10 words that best describe you.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Reno, NV

I applied online - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in August 2009.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview with my advisor. he asked questions about my bachground and why I want to study here. Some

Interview Question – no unexpected question   Answer Question

Building Operations Interview

Building Operations
Reno, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in person and got a call a month later. I cam in for a one on one interview and got hired on the spot. Super easy interview. Just have lots of personality!

Interview Question – Avaibilty? and school schedule?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Reno, NV

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly - Technical - Was an Easy Interview.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weakness   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Nevada, Reno? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Nevada, Reno interview questions and advice in Reno, NV. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Nevada, Reno employees and interview candidates.