University of Newcastle (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a Skype interview and the first time I had a job interview on Skype. Interview included a 10 minutes presentation followed by some questions from the interview panel. The interviewer were very friendly and polite and interview went smoothly. The questions were all relevant and nothing too complicated. They acknowledged that I addressed some of their questions in my presentation and moved on to the other areas. It was more like a 2 ways conversation and I felt very relax and confident throughout of the process. I got an e-mail about 90 minutes after interview with job offer. They did not force me to decide quickly and gave me a 3.5 days to think and decide to accept the offer.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly atmosphere, 2 interviewers who were both Graduate Ambassadors. Questions were not designed to trip you up, and in general were more designed to find out more about my university experience as a whole.

Interview Questions

• If a student on a course were to attempt to start a relationship with you, how would you deal with this?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed and at the same time professional. Gave me the reassurance that I will be given a fair opportunity. They asked me some very detailed questions and I was given plenty of opportunity and time to answer. The overall environment was very friendly compared to some more intimidating experiences I have had in the past in different places.

Interview Questions

• My experience in the subject.   1 Answer

Visitor Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

It was pretty straight forward because I already knew my supervisor and it was already agreed that I would be working there for aprox. 1year.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Simple Interview. Was asked a couple of questions about what I want to do and was asked to explain a bit about my Masters thesis and what I expected to work as. I was also asked to read about a few publications and they were discussed in detail.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was about the detailed discussion about my recent recent research and development experience in the university

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online. This was followed by a technical interview discussing the work I had done in the University this far (was a Masters student there). Passed the interview and got selected for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

First I got my job position offered informally by the professor in a pub, he then invited me over for an informal chat, next I accepted the job, but to make sure that the guidelines were followed, he organised an application procedure, after which i was invited for a job interview via Skype. I did my best to write a good application letter and to do well at the interview - because I of course did not know how serious they were taking this. However, when one of the interviewees said "I look forward working with you" it was clear to me that they were not really taking the interview serious.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I got the contract based on standard salary settings as set for 1st year post-docs. No negotiation possible

Peoplesoft Administrator/Upgrade Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballarat (Australia)

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Ballarat (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through online and they have chose after online interview . They liked me like anything also negotiated salary, however my partner don't want to go regional area any more.

Interview Questions

Partner don't want to move into regional area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

Friendly but intense. Must have samples of research with you, preferably with a presentation. Panel of three people at the campus.

Interview Questions

• Need to describe in detail your research, its impact and how you will tackle it in the academic view.   Answer Question