University of North Carolina

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2012.

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question
    Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Director of Career Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina in March 2012.

I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of North Carolina in February 2012.

I applied online.
    A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it.
    After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind.
    After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2010.

Interviewed one on one. Asked how I would handle the monotony of the tasks. Then interviewed by panel of all the managers I would be working with daily.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2007.

There was a matching process between interest and research groups with 15 minute interviews around the department. Selected candidates were offered Research Assistantships, and the remaining ones were Teaching Assistants.

Interview Questions
    • Design a storage and retrieval mechanism for very large data files   Answer Question
    Went smoothly, easy to get along with people in academia.