University of North Carolina Interview Questions in Chapel Hill, NC

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.5

Materials Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru University Temp Services and they got me an interview for this position at the school of Dentistry. I interviewed with my future supervisor and the head of the department and was taken on a tour of the facility. They told me more about the job, answered my questions, and asked if I was interested in what I saw. I was given an offer that afternoon (Tuesday) and accepted. I filled out some paperwork and started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous medical or dental experience or anything else that would be helpful or relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Very casual. They asked about previous experience and job expectation. Nothing formal. Very laid-back. After speaking with the HR person, they took me on a tour of the office. Introduced me to the workers. I was offered a position on the spot. Later in the day, I received an official email with job description, HR questions and salary. Brought in the paperwork the next day and immediately started working.

Senior SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Skype or in person interview, then a follow up if they're interested. Meet with HR and director and answer some basic skill questions and experiences. Very low key considering.

Interview Questions

• What was your last job like. What did you do? What did you like/dislike? How would you do {coding questions}?   Answer Question

Geochemistry Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I was hired by a professor I'd had for a previous course. I approached him looking for summer work and was offered the position due to my success in the course. The interview process was simple and consisted of speaking with my professor about safety concerns and what to expect at work.

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Director of Career Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it. After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind. After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.