University of North Carolina

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Analyst Interview

Applications Analyst
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Question – All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Very Easy Interview

ITS Security Intern Interview

ITS Security Intern
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Question – I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Director of Career Management Interview

Director of Career Management
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Question – Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

A/R Manager Interview

A/R Manager
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of North Carolina in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online.
A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it.
After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind.
After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Interview Questions

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed one on one. Asked how I would handle the monotony of the tasks. Then interviewed by panel of all the managers I would be working with daily.

Interview Question – How will you deal with the monotony of the tasks.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Chapel Hill, NC

The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2007.

Interview Details – There was a matching process between interest and research groups with 15 minute interviews around the department. Selected candidates were offered Research Assistantships, and the remaining ones were Teaching Assistants.

Interview Question – Design a storage and retrieval mechanism for very large data files   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Went smoothly, easy to get along with people in academia.

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!