University of North Carolina

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview, based on my on-line application. I was given a call-in number for the interview and told there would be several people in attendance. They introduced themselves on the phone and I did the same. The interviewers ranged from college interns to departmental managers. The questions were very basic. Most were behavioral-based. Some were technical. Many had to do with how to handle an unskilled, transient workforce, deal with problems in the workplace and resource limitations. I was caught off guard because the questions were at a very basic technical, tactical level (i.e. what was the most recent version of an OS) vs. strategic operational level thinking. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions. None of the interviewers were prepared to answer simple operational questions regarding their cost of operations and performance metrics.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most recently deployed version of the Windows operating system.   View Answer
  • Name a time you had problems with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question