University of North Carolina

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

Wilmington, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview, based on my on-line application. I was given a call-in number for the interview and told there would be several people in attendance. They introduced themselves on the phone and I did the same. The interviewers ranged from college interns to departmental managers. The questions were very basic. Most were behavioral-based. Some were technical. Many had to do with how to handle an unskilled, transient workforce, deal with problems in the workplace and resource limitations. I was caught off guard because the questions were at a very basic technical, tactical level (i.e. what was the most recent version of an OS) vs. strategic operational level thinking. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions. None of the interviewers were prepared to answer simple operational questions regarding their cost of operations and performance metrics.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recently deployed version of the Windows operating system.   View Answer
  • Name a time you had problems with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of North Carolina IT Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of North Carolina employees and interview candidates.