University of North Carolina

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2009.

I had to take a drug screen and i was alot of questions about my past.

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina.

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Graduate Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina.

At least in my program you are hired to work with a specific person, so your match with them is vital, and how well you fit into the larger program or get along with other advisors is secondary.

No negotations possible

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

I was offered the teaching position as part of my graduate student package when I applied for graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. I first received an email expressing interest in my academic credentials from my potential adviser, which was followed by a 40-minute phone interview with the same person about a week later. We had a professional albeit pleasant conversation discussing my reasons for going to graduate school. After the phone interview I was told that he would need to discuss the results with other members of the hiring committee. After about one more week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the reason for wanting to go to graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill.   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2012.

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question
    Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2007.

There was a matching process between interest and research groups with 15 minute interviews around the department. Selected candidates were offered Research Assistantships, and the remaining ones were Teaching Assistants.

Interview Questions
    • Design a storage and retrieval mechanism for very large data files   Answer Question
    Went smoothly, easy to get along with people in academia.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2008.

A telephone interview followed by an interview at University. At the University met lab members, presented my doctoral research and had dinner with them before flying out.

Interview Questions
    • How will you transition from your research to that of lab?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Applications Developer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2009.

I applied online for several jobs here. I got an interview for one position and attended 5 interviews, ranging from 1:1 to panels and phone interviews. This lasted for 5 weeks. in the meantime, I got another interview with a different department here, interviewed was aoodered and accepted a position before the first one got around to an offer. The pay was much better so I took it.

Interview Questions
    • What strategy would you use to understand and commence a new project where there are many different departments with stakes in a new highly visible project.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2009.

I had 2 interviews. One was one month and one was the next month.

Interview Questions
    • I really was not asked any questions. Just description of the job.   Answer Question