University of North Carolina

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.7

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Submit resume to PIs with potential openings

University Cashier Interview

Work-Study and Temporary Student Position interview. Met with two of the managers and was asked about my previous experience and what i would contribute to the culture at the job. Was asked how I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and how I worked with peers. Was a very laid-back interview that took place in the middle of the workday on-site. Took all of maybe 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to confront a friend or peer.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Assistant Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

I would like to work

Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of North Carolina.

I sent out an email to the prof I wanted to work for. He had an available position and said I met the qualifications. Flew out for in-person interview two months afterwards. Offered and accepted position. Easy peazy.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

meeting and talking with PI about background, position, projects. Give presentation to the group, having lunch with group member, talk with individual group member about there research projects and asking questions anout the lab. Meeting with PI again to finish up. Declined dinner with group for personal reasons.

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Referee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in August 2008.

Very simple job, just asked a few questions about knowledge of sports and how you feel about making decisions.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2010.

Interviewed one on one. Asked how I would handle the monotony of the tasks. Then interviewed by panel of all the managers I would be working with daily.

Researcher Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2010.

very professional very friendly nice

Interview Questions

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!