University of North Carolina

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

University Cashier Interview

University Cashier

Interviewed at University of North Carolina

Interview Details – Work-Study and Temporary Student Position interview. Met with two of the managers and was asked about my previous experience and what i would contribute to the culture at the job. Was asked how I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and how I worked with peers. Was a very laid-back interview that took place in the middle of the workday on-site. Took all of maybe 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had to confront a friend or peer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Assistant Interview

Assistant

Interviewed at University of North Carolina

Interview Details – Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

Negotiation Details – I would like to work

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Interview

Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview Details – Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

Interview Details – meeting and talking with PI about background, position, projects. Give presentation to the group, having lunch with group member, talk with individual group member about there research projects and asking questions anout the lab. Meeting with PI again to finish up. Declined dinner with group for personal reasons.

Interview Question – will you stay here for long if you get the offer   Answer Question

ITS Security Intern Interview

ITS Security Intern
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Question – I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Referee Interview

Referee

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple job, just asked a few questions about knowledge of sports and how you feel about making decisions.

Interview Question – Are you quick at making decisions?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed one on one. Asked how I would handle the monotony of the tasks. Then interviewed by panel of all the managers I would be working with daily.

Interview Question – How will you deal with the monotony of the tasks.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher

The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2010.

Interview Details – very professional very friendly nice

Interview Question – what do you want in this job   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2011.

Interview Details – the company asked a whole story of my life and it spent 1 and half hours. It was a pleasant meeting but apparently i was overqualified.

Interview Question – what is your weakness.   Answer Question

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!