University of North Carolina

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.7

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2011.

the company asked a whole story of my life and it spent 1 and half hours. It was a pleasant meeting but apparently i was overqualified.

Researcher Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2010.

very professional very friendly nice

Office Management Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in June 2010.

Equipment for the skills test had not been checked out. Was first candidate and there was not real concern regarding the equiment and data for it not being available. Obviously there was no interest in me based on this.

Panel was heavy considering the position. The panelist from another department would at a higher level and would not be interacting with the selection. Questions were not as relevant to the position as I would expect. Somewhat wondered if they knew for what position they were interviewing. Impressive appearance with their sheets of questions.

Also, felt as if age was a factor.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for this position?   View Answer
    • Have you ever worked for this university?   View Answer

University Counsel Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2009.

I submitted an application and also spoke to the General Counsel. I made it to the first round, which was a telephone interview with the entire legal staff. A few weeks later I received an email that I was not selected to proceed to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • What is your legal experience in international matters.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

meeting and talking with PI about background, position, projects. Give presentation to the group, having lunch with group member, talk with individual group member about there research projects and asking questions anout the lab. Meeting with PI again to finish up. Declined dinner with group for personal reasons.

Applications Developer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2009.

I applied online for several jobs here. I got an interview for one position and attended 5 interviews, ranging from 1:1 to panels and phone interviews. This lasted for 5 weeks. in the meantime, I got another interview with a different department here, interviewed was aoodered and accepted a position before the first one got around to an offer. The pay was much better so I took it.

Interview Questions
    • What strategy would you use to understand and commence a new project where there are many different departments with stakes in a new highly visible project.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2009.

I had 2 interviews. One was one month and one was the next month.

Interview Questions
    • I really was not asked any questions. Just description of the job.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2009.

I had to take a drug screen and i was alot of questions about my past.

Resident Advisor Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2009.

The first day we were introduced to all the communities we could work for. The second day we went through group processing which involved 3 rooms that had different scenarios. The actual results didn't matter (they were observing our communication and ability to work in a group). The last day you interviewed with a Community Director and another member of the Housing Department.

Interview Questions
    • How would you balance life as an RA, academics, extracurricular activities, and a personal life?   Answer Question

Referee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina in August 2008.

Very simple job, just asked a few questions about knowledge of sports and how you feel about making decisions.