University of North Carolina

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Researcher Interview

Researcher

The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2010.

Interview Details – very professional very friendly nice

Interview Question – what do you want in this job   Answer Question

Office Management Interview

Office Management

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in June 2010.

Interview Details – Equipment for the skills test had not been checked out. Was first candidate and there was not real concern regarding the equiment and data for it not being available. Obviously there was no interest in me based on this.

Panel was heavy considering the position. The panelist from another department would at a higher level and would not be interacting with the selection. Questions were not as relevant to the position as I would expect. Somewhat wondered if they knew for what position they were interviewing. Impressive appearance with their sheets of questions.

Also, felt as if age was a factor.

Very Easy Interview

Referee Interview

Referee

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple job, just asked a few questions about knowledge of sports and how you feel about making decisions.

Interview Question – Are you quick at making decisions?   Answer Question

University Counsel Interview

University Counsel

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and also spoke to the General Counsel. I made it to the first round, which was a telephone interview with the entire legal staff. A few weeks later I received an email that I was not selected to proceed to the next step.

Interview Question – What is your legal experience in international matters.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2008.

Interview Details – Sent resume to personal contact and the interview was scheduled. Came in for interview and had a day full of 1:1 interviews. There was a lot of energy and a feeling of urgency during the whole process. It was a lot of interviews for one day, but I felt I had a thorough view of my potential co-workers.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I felt the travel schedule would be a higher percentage of the time than the 25% listed in the job description. I was assured that wasn't the case but b/c 25% was my absolute limit, I thought it was too close to risk - particularly in a bad economy.

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2009.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. One was one month and one was the next month.

Interview Question – I really was not asked any questions. Just description of the job.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Specialist Interview

Applications Developer Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for several jobs here. I got an interview for one position and attended 5 interviews, ranging from 1:1 to panels and phone interviews. This lasted for 5 weeks. in the meantime, I got another interview with a different department here, interviewed was aoodered and accepted a position before the first one got around to an offer. The pay was much better so I took it.

Interview Question – What strategy would you use to understand and commence a new project where there are many different departments with stakes in a new highly visible project.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2008.

Interview Details – A telephone interview followed by an interview at University. At the University met lab members, presented my doctoral research and had dinner with them before flying out.

Interview Question – How will you transition from your research to that of lab?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had to take a drug screen and i was alot of questions about my past.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of North Carolina