University of North Carolina Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.5

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it. After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind. After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Director of Career Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was 1 hour- met with 3 people and answered a lot of questions (scenario type). Learned about the mission and vision of the department, who i would be working with and what the future would look like there.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Senior SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Skype or in person interview, then a follow up if they're interested. Meet with HR and director and answer some basic skill questions and experiences. Very low key considering.

Interview Questions

• What was your last job like. What did you do? What did you like/dislike? How would you do {coding questions}?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2007.

Interview

There was a matching process between interest and research groups with 15 minute interviews around the department. Selected candidates were offered Research Assistantships, and the remaining ones were Teaching Assistants.

Interview Questions

• Design a storage and retrieval mechanism for very large data files   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went smoothly, easy to get along with people in academia.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Wilmington, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview, based on my on-line application. I was given a call-in number for the interview and told there would be several people in attendance. They introduced themselves on the phone and I did the same. The interviewers ranged from college interns to departmental managers. The questions were very basic. Most were behavioral-based. Some were technical. Many had to do with how to handle an unskilled, transient workforce, deal with problems in the workplace and resource limitations. I was caught off guard because the questions were at a very basic technical, tactical level (i.e. what was the most recent version of an OS) vs. strategic operational level thinking. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions. None of the interviewers were prepared to answer simple operational questions regarding their cost of operations and performance metrics.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recently deployed version of the Windows operating system.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had problems with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

No job description was provided. So my prep was not that great. Interviewers were patient and good . Helped alot in me getting tothe right answers but it was not exactly mt arena so didn;t do well. no offer didn't expect one :)