University of North Carolina

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview, based on my on-line application. I was given a call-in number for the interview and told there would be several people in attendance. They introduced themselves on the phone and I did the same. The interviewers ranged from college interns to departmental managers. The questions were very basic. Most were behavioral-based. Some were technical. Many had to do with how to handle an unskilled, transient workforce, deal with problems in the workplace and resource limitations. I was caught off guard because the questions were at a very basic technical, tactical level (i.e. what was the most recent version of an OS) vs. strategic operational level thinking. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions. None of the interviewers were prepared to answer simple operational questions regarding their cost of operations and performance metrics.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most recently deployed version of the Windows operating system.   View Answer
    • Name a time you had problems with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in May 2010.

No job description was provided. So my prep was not that great. Interviewers were patient and good .
    Helped alot in me getting tothe right answers but it was not exactly mt arena so didn;t do well. no offer didn't expect one :)

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2012.

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question
    Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2007.

There was a matching process between interest and research groups with 15 minute interviews around the department. Selected candidates were offered Research Assistantships, and the remaining ones were Teaching Assistants.

Interview Questions
    • Design a storage and retrieval mechanism for very large data files   Answer Question
    Went smoothly, easy to get along with people in academia.

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of North Carolina in February 2012.

I applied online.
    A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it.
    After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind.
    After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Director of Career Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in March 2012.

I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

Night Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2013.

You apply online and are asked to have an interview with you and the employer(s) (depending on department) and they are friendly and casual in their questioning.

Interview Questions
    I received an e-mail that I got the position and was given the date and time for training.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2010.

Interviewed one on one. Asked how I would handle the monotony of the tasks. Then interviewed by panel of all the managers I would be working with daily.

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!