University of North Carolina Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.6

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Geochemistry Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I was hired by a professor I'd had for a previous course. I approached him looking for summer work and was offered the position due to my success in the course. The interview process was simple and consisted of speaking with my professor about safety concerns and what to expect at work.

Night Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Asheville, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

You apply online and are asked to have an interview with you and the employer(s) (depending on department) and they are friendly and casual in their questioning.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to help the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an e-mail that I got the position and was given the date and time for training.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed one on one. Asked how I would handle the monotony of the tasks. Then interviewed by panel of all the managers I would be working with daily.

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it. After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind. After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Director of Career Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was 1 hour- met with 3 people and answered a lot of questions (scenario type). Learned about the mission and vision of the department, who i would be working with and what the future would look like there.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.