University of North Carolina Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

It started with a Phone interview, and then two in person interviews. I was very nervous, so it is hard to remember exactly what happened. But I came prepared with print outs of my resume and cover letter, and a few journal articles written by the PI. After getting the job I was told that this impressed them. I also took notes during the interview, which they later also said made me different from other candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of North Carolina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2007.

Interview

There was a matching process between interest and research groups with 15 minute interviews around the department. Selected candidates were offered Research Assistantships, and the remaining ones were Teaching Assistants.

Interview Questions

• Design a storage and retrieval mechanism for very large data files   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went smoothly, easy to get along with people in academia.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2009.

Interview

I had to take a drug screen and i was alot of questions about my past.