University of North Texas

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of North Texas.

I interviewed with the Department Head, who reviewed my qualifications and specified the demands of the position. We talked about the student body, his goals for the program and how I could help to fulfill his vision. He determined that I would be a good fit. We also talked about the format of the classes, exams and papers and what my expectations should be regarding these.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who stops showing up?   View Answer
    I could not negotiate the salary as it was fixed. I did negotiate the time of the class.

Student Services Coordinator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Texas.

For general coordinator positions, there is usually a phone screen and then an on-site interview. Interview is very often a one on one interview followed by a group interview. Some interviews might require some sort of presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What question do you want us to ask you?   View Answer

Food Supervisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Texas.

I was hired internally so I was just pulled from work at an acceptable time. I was interviewed by the managers first, then director, the the executive. When speaking to executive, always have an answer for every question and stick to your guns when have an opinion. They can bully you a bit but if you don't agree, just disagree. They REALLY like people with confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to be in hospitality?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. Just changed my salary.

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of North Texas.

Pretty straight forward and predictable.
    1st Interview - Was a panel phone interview. 4-6 people asking general questions, mixed traditional, hypothetical and behavioral.

2nd Interview - Presentation to the office on a relevant topic to their mission. The presentation was followed by a LARGE panel interview with 10-12 participants. It was pretty enjoyable for me. Again, a mix of traditional, hypothetical and behavioral questions. Following the panel was a one on one "conversational" interview with dept. directors.

The entire process was not quick, but not unnecessarily long either. Currently, time to fill at UNT seems to be much longer.

Interview Questions
    • None. I researched the dept. and had relevant work experience. The questions were all questions most professionals have been asked before. Nothing bad, but nothing innovative either.   Answer Question
    It is a state job, so it pays what it pays. I tried for a little more knowing the climate, but only because I have always been conditioned to push for a little more to try and add value to my "brand" in the eyes of the employer.

NOTE: I have seen job offers rescinded while working there over people trying to negotiate too strongly.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of North Texas.

Very prompt and professional.

Interview Questions
    • How would you teach writing skills to beginner-level students?   Answer Question
    Start date - very reasonable negotiations.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of North Texas.

There wasn't really a whole lot of questions being asked at the interview. I was one of the only people who contacted her about the position and I was fully qualified so I received the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    It was instant. I started work the next day after the interview.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of North Texas in August 2012.

Provide a case situation and find a solution for them based on school website. Second interview is ask behavior questions and past working experience

Interview Questions
    • The length of the school application process   View Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of North Texas in July 2012.

The hiring process is typical for application for a staff position at a University in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. You can submit resume, cover letter, and references to the university's human resources website. From there you have no real information about the hiring managers and you basically wait and hope they call--sometimes they don't.

The interviews were decent, however. I received a phone interview in which I was asked a number of seemingly preliminary questions. I gathered it was more to check for things like, phone voice, etc.

The in-person interview was much more in-depth. I was asked questions about my fundraising philosophies and my professional experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of the questions were particularly difficult, however, the most unexpected was "What do you think should be the goal of the Annual Fund; to increase dollars or increase donors?"   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Texas in July 2012.

first you get contacted by email than youa re set up for 1:! interview

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate any pay already knew hoe much i was going o get paid

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Texas in November 2011.

Telephonic interview