University of North Texas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Department Head, who reviewed my qualifications and specified the demands of the position. We talked about the student body, his goals for the program and how I could help to fulfill his vision. He determined that I would be a good fit. We also talked about the format of the classes, exams and papers and what my expectations should be regarding these.

Interview Question – How would you handle a student who stops showing up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate the salary as it was fixed. I did negotiate the time of the class.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Denton, TX

I interviewed at University of North Texas in March 2011.

Interview Details – Get accepted by the Phd program first. Telephone interview first and then campus interview after a couple of weeks if you are selected as potential candidate. Talk to professors, staff workers and current Phd students during the campue interview. No technique questions just general question.

Interview Question – Why Phd? Why finance   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator III Interview

Student Services Coordinator III
Denton, TX

I applied online and interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – For general coordinator positions, there is usually a phone screen and then an on-site interview. Interview is very often a one on one interview followed by a group interview. Some interviews might require some sort of presentation.

Interview Question – What question do you want us to ask you?   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of North Texas in August 2012.

Interview Details – Provide a case situation and find a solution for them based on school website. Second interview is ask behavior questions and past working experience

Interview Question – The length of the school application process   View Answer

Food Supervisor I Interview

Food Supervisor I
Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – I was hired internally so I was just pulled from work at an acceptable time. I was interviewed by the managers first, then director, the the executive. When speaking to executive, always have an answer for every question and stick to your guns when have an opinion. They can bully you a bit but if you don't agree, just disagree. They REALLY like people with confidence.

Interview Question – Why would you want to be in hospitality?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. Just changed my salary.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of North Texas in July 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is typical for application for a staff position at a University in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. You can submit resume, cover letter, and references to the university's human resources website. From there you have no real information about the hiring managers and you basically wait and hope they call--sometimes they don't.

The interviews were decent, however. I received a phone interview in which I was asked a number of seemingly preliminary questions. I gathered it was more to check for things like, phone voice, etc.

The in-person interview was much more in-depth. I was asked questions about my fundraising philosophies and my professional experience.

Interview Question – I don't think any of the questions were particularly difficult, however, the most unexpected was "What do you think should be the goal of the Annual Fund; to increase dollars or increase donors?"   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Student Services Coordinator
Denton, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward and predictable.
1st Interview - Was a panel phone interview. 4-6 people asking general questions, mixed traditional, hypothetical and behavioral.

2nd Interview - Presentation to the office on a relevant topic to their mission. The presentation was followed by a LARGE panel interview with 10-12 participants. It was pretty enjoyable for me. Again, a mix of traditional, hypothetical and behavioral questions. Following the panel was a one on one "conversational" interview with dept. directors.

The entire process was not quick, but not unnecessarily long either. Currently, time to fill at UNT seems to be much longer.

Interview Question – None. I researched the dept. and had relevant work experience. The questions were all questions most professionals have been asked before. Nothing bad, but nothing innovative either.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is a state job, so it pays what it pays. I tried for a little more knowing the climate, but only because I have always been conditioned to push for a little more to try and add value to my "brand" in the eyes of the employer.

NOTE: I have seen job offers rescinded while working there over people trying to negotiate too strongly.

ESL Instructor Interview

ESL Instructor
Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – Very prompt and professional.

Interview Question – How would you teach writing skills to beginner-level students?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date - very reasonable negotiations.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant
Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – There wasn't really a whole lot of questions being asked at the interview. I was one of the only people who contacted her about the position and I was fully qualified so I received the job the same day.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was instant. I started work the next day after the interview.

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Texas in July 2012.

Interview Details – first you get contacted by email than youa re set up for 1:! interview

Interview Question – none theres was a skill test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate any pay already knew hoe much i was going o get paid

Worked for University of North Texas? Contribute to the Community!