University of North Texas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Department Head, who reviewed my qualifications and specified the demands of the position. We talked about the student body, his goals for the program and how I could help to fulfill his vision. He determined that I would be a good fit. We also talked about the format of the classes, exams and papers and what my expectations should be regarding these.

Interview Question – How would you handle a student who stops showing up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate the salary as it was fixed. I did negotiate the time of the class.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of North Texas in January 2010.

Interview Details – First was a phone screen with the director then a week late I met in person interview with the director. After that I had a panel interview with the Director and the 3 Assistant Directors. I had to go to the University and meet with the department. Biggest issue was finding parking in a place I had never been. I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Question – How do you work in an environment where people don't like you (HR)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for this position because there was a set salary. I was offered the top of the range for the position.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Denton, TX

I interviewed at University of North Texas in March 2011.

Interview Details – Get accepted by the Phd program first. Telephone interview first and then campus interview after a couple of weeks if you are selected as potential candidate. Talk to professors, staff workers and current Phd students during the campue interview. No technique questions just general question.

Interview Question – Why Phd? Why finance   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator III Interview

Student Services Coordinator III
Denton, TX

I applied online and interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – For general coordinator positions, there is usually a phone screen and then an on-site interview. Interview is very often a one on one interview followed by a group interview. Some interviews might require some sort of presentation.

Interview Question – What question do you want us to ask you?   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of North Texas in August 2012.

Interview Details – Provide a case situation and find a solution for them based on school website. Second interview is ask behavior questions and past working experience

Interview Question – The length of the school application process   View Answer

Food Supervisor I Interview

Food Supervisor I
Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – I was hired internally so I was just pulled from work at an acceptable time. I was interviewed by the managers first, then director, the the executive. When speaking to executive, always have an answer for every question and stick to your guns when have an opinion. They can bully you a bit but if you don't agree, just disagree. They REALLY like people with confidence.

Interview Question – Why would you want to be in hospitality?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. Just changed my salary.

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Student Services Coordinator

Interview Details – Phone Interview with basic interview questions

Interview Question – What do you expect from a supervisor?   View Answer

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Administrative Specialist III

I applied online and interviewed at University of North Texas.

Interview Details – There were two interview sessions with a question and scenario basis. Intense but able to provide sufficient feedback.

Interview Question – Scenario based questions can be challenging. Not having specific details about a scenario can make it challenging to know what would be expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of North Texas in July 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is typical for application for a staff position at a University in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. You can submit resume, cover letter, and references to the university's human resources website. From there you have no real information about the hiring managers and you basically wait and hope they call--sometimes they don't.

The interviews were decent, however. I received a phone interview in which I was asked a number of seemingly preliminary questions. I gathered it was more to check for things like, phone voice, etc.

The in-person interview was much more in-depth. I was asked questions about my fundraising philosophies and my professional experience.

Interview Question – I don't think any of the questions were particularly difficult, however, the most unexpected was "What do you think should be the goal of the Annual Fund; to increase dollars or increase donors?"   Answer Question

Disability Specialist Interview

Disability Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of North Texas in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hired by former Provost

Negotiation Details – It was a tedious process as there were other people who objected to the salary

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of North Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of North Texas interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of North Texas employees and interview candidates.