University of North Texas

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Texas.

I signed up for the position toward the end of the semester using the Career Center job search database. The next morning I received a phone call to set up an interview as early as the next day. I interviewed, and I believe the next week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, mostly get to know you questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of North Texas.

Phone Interview followed by in person interview to review resume in detail. Reasons for leaving each job are very important for each position, so be prepared to discuss in detail. They are very team oriented and will include all members in decision making progress which is great.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: Last book read....   View Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of North Texas.

I interviewed with the Department Head, who reviewed my qualifications and specified the demands of the position. We talked about the student body, his goals for the program and how I could help to fulfill his vision. He determined that I would be a good fit. We also talked about the format of the classes, exams and papers and what my expectations should be regarding these.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who stops showing up?   View Answer
    I could not negotiate the salary as it was fixed. I did negotiate the time of the class.

Student Services Coordinator III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Texas.

For general coordinator positions, there is usually a phone screen and then an on-site interview. Interview is very often a one on one interview followed by a group interview. Some interviews might require some sort of presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What question do you want us to ask you?   View Answer

Food Supervisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of North Texas.

I was hired internally so I was just pulled from work at an acceptable time. I was interviewed by the managers first, then director, the the executive. When speaking to executive, always have an answer for every question and stick to your guns when have an opinion. They can bully you a bit but if you don't agree, just disagree. They REALLY like people with confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to be in hospitality?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. Just changed my salary.

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Phone Interview with basic interview questions

Administrative Specialist III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Texas.

There were two interview sessions with a question and scenario basis. Intense but able to provide sufficient feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based questions can be challenging. Not having specific details about a scenario can make it challenging to know what would be expected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of North Texas.

Pretty straight forward and predictable.
    1st Interview - Was a panel phone interview. 4-6 people asking general questions, mixed traditional, hypothetical and behavioral.

2nd Interview - Presentation to the office on a relevant topic to their mission. The presentation was followed by a LARGE panel interview with 10-12 participants. It was pretty enjoyable for me. Again, a mix of traditional, hypothetical and behavioral questions. Following the panel was a one on one "conversational" interview with dept. directors.

The entire process was not quick, but not unnecessarily long either. Currently, time to fill at UNT seems to be much longer.

Interview Questions
    • None. I researched the dept. and had relevant work experience. The questions were all questions most professionals have been asked before. Nothing bad, but nothing innovative either.   Answer Question
    It is a state job, so it pays what it pays. I tried for a little more knowing the climate, but only because I have always been conditioned to push for a little more to try and add value to my "brand" in the eyes of the employer.

NOTE: I have seen job offers rescinded while working there over people trying to negotiate too strongly.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of North Texas.

Group interview- Social- Private interview

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of North Texas.

Very prompt and professional.

Interview Questions
    • How would you teach writing skills to beginner-level students?   Answer Question
    Start date - very reasonable negotiations.