University of Northern Iowa

University of Northern Iowa Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Northern Iowa.

Great interview process, it concludes of 2 rounds, 1 behavior, 1 social. In the behavior, you got to walk around several tables for different buildings. Here you got a chance to talk to the RLC as well as answer their questions

Interview Questions
    • How you balance your life, how do you define ethnicity   Answer Question

Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Northern Iowa in May 2010.

Contact was made through email. Then I had a one on one interview at AERA. Less then two weeks later I was called for an on site interview. I drive to Iowa and had scheduled meetings, interviews, and formal presentations. Everyone was very sincere. I felt comfortable asking hard questions about campus and community culture.

Interview Questions
    • What courses would you design for Graduate Students if you had free range to create any course?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate many of the things that I would have liked. Part of this is the current economy and the fact that the faculty is Unionized so the deans have limited negotiating power.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Northern Iowa in April 2009.

I found out about job through a coworker who knew that this person was retiring. I contacted the hiring manager by phone and arranged a in-person interview the next day. I interviewed with 2 people (hiring manager and their assistant). Interview lasted 1 hr. Questions were about my current impressions of the department and what I would change if given a chance. After a couple days I was notified that I would meet with two more people. On that day a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • How much sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Northern Iowa in September 2009.

Hiring and interviewing process went smoothly and was totally entertaining. Learned a lot about the process right there at the interview. The managing editor, who is no longer working there, was thoughtful, intelligent, and really knew his stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked at a literary magazine before?   View Answer
    There wasn't too much of a negotiation phase, considering I was a work study student and hours and pay were all totaled by how much Work Study Funds I was being granted.