University of Northern Iowa Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Northern Iowa in April 2009.

I found out about job through a coworker who knew that this person was retiring. I contacted the hiring manager by phone and arranged a in-person interview the next day. I interviewed with 2 people (hiring manager and their assistant). Interview lasted 1 hr. Questions were about my current impressions of the department and what I would change if given a chance. After a couple days I was notified that I would meet with two more people. On that day a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • How much sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Northern Iowa in May 2010.

Contact was made through email. Then I had a one on one interview at AERA. Less then two weeks later I was called for an on site interview. I drive to Iowa and had scheduled meetings, interviews, and formal presentations. Everyone was very sincere. I felt comfortable asking hard questions about campus and community culture.

Interview Questions
    • What courses would you design for Graduate Students if you had free range to create any course?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate many of the things that I would have liked. Part of this is the current economy and the fact that the faculty is Unionized so the deans have limited negotiating power.

Editorial Assistant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Northern Iowa in September 2009.

Hiring and interviewing process went smoothly and was totally entertaining. Learned a lot about the process right there at the interview. The managing editor, who is no longer working there, was thoughtful, intelligent, and really knew his stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked at a literary magazine before?   View Answer
    There wasn't too much of a negotiation phase, considering I was a work study student and hours and pay were all totaled by how much Work Study Funds I was being granted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Northern Iowa

Worked for University of Northern Iowa? Contribute to the Community!