University of Northern Iowa

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Cedar Falls, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Northern Iowa in April 2009.

Interview Details – I found out about job through a coworker who knew that this person was retiring. I contacted the hiring manager by phone and arranged a in-person interview the next day. I interviewed with 2 people (hiring manager and their assistant). Interview lasted 1 hr. Questions were about my current impressions of the department and what I would change if given a chance. After a couple days I was notified that I would meet with two more people. On that day a job offer was extended.

Interview Question – How much sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology Interview

Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology
Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Northern Iowa in May 2010.

Interview Details – Contact was made through email. Then I had a one on one interview at AERA. Less then two weeks later I was called for an on site interview. I drive to Iowa and had scheduled meetings, interviews, and formal presentations. Everyone was very sincere. I felt comfortable asking hard questions about campus and community culture.

Interview Question – What courses would you design for Graduate Students if you had free range to create any course?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate many of the things that I would have liked. Part of this is the current economy and the fact that the faculty is Unionized so the deans have limited negotiating power.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Northern Iowa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Northern Iowa interview questions and advice in Iowa. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Northern Iowa employees and interview candidates.