University of Oklahoma

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Specialist I Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Oklahoma.

Interview Details – The interview was with a panel of three people. They each took turns asking questions. It was a pretty relaxed interview.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty common. "Why do you want to work here" always gets me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Worker Interview

Worker
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy and basic. Not a whole lot to it. Just a basic interview. I'm sure it is more detailed the higher up you go.

Interview Question – None really. Simple interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. I started at a set rate of pay.

IT Analyst II Interview

IT Analyst II
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got fast reply after filling in my application. The interview is not hard with some questions about solving problems that can be found on the Internet. But the answer doesnot need to be right or wrong. It's about how you try to find a solution and interact with people.

Interview Question – They want to review some samples of my code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the range is fixed as in the job posting

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at University of Oklahoma.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview, and the people seemed really nice. However, they were looking for someone everyone could bond with and I came off a little to professional and straight forward.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, really easy interview actually if you fit the enviroment   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process was very well given in advance so that I had ample of time to prepare for them. They are not difficult and much of the process is done based on your resume. The interview is a two tier interview where by they have the department chair interview you first then they have specific HR personalize interview you later.

Interview Question – Where do you see your research go   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Norman, OK

I interviewed at University of Oklahoma in February 2010.

Interview Details – First, you need to pass the GRE exam. Then before the deadline, you apply through the graduate application website of OU. Then send your CV, recommendation letters, personal statement, academic transcript to both graduate college and the department. Then you just wait. Someone will give you an email and set up a time for a telephone interview.

Interview Question – None. Most professional questions   Answer Question

Toilet Cleaner Interview

Interviewed at University of Oklahoma

Interview Details – well they asked me to be good with a scrub brush

Interview Question – what do i do if i run out of toilet paper   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Athlete Tutor Interview

Norman, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was really quick and easy - nothing too formal and nothing tricky at all. They just ask you about yourself, your school work, and anything related to tutoring. They'll ask you which subjects you feel comfortable tutoring in, and other questions like that. The hiring and interview process should not be a worry.

Interview Question – They were all easy, but be prepared to answer why you should be tutoring for whatever subject you're trying to tutor in.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Norman, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was told about the position by one of the people I went to high school with. They mainly wanted to know how well I had done in my previous classes. The interview was low-stress and I was apparently overdressed, but my supervisor has been really great to work with

Interview Question – Most of the questions were mainly about my schedule and my previous experiences as a tutor. No curve balls here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The rates were standard but I was eventually able to negotiate a raise when I matriculated to graduate status.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

Interview Details – Onsite interview. Some general questions at the beginning, then hands on a computer to work on several technical problems.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Oklahoma

Worked for University of Oklahoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Oklahoma interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Oklahoma employees and interview candidates.