University of Oklahoma

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Student Employee Interview

IT Student Employee
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via jobs.ou.edu, received a phone call and agreed to meet at the office. 3 managers asked about previous experience, other jobs held, and then asked a few scenario based questions relevant to the work expected.

Interview Question – A customer brings in a computer and their display is not working what are the first three things you would check?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Worker Interview

Worker
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy and basic. Not a whole lot to it. Just a basic interview. I'm sure it is more detailed the higher up you go.

Interview Question – None really. Simple interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. I started at a set rate of pay.

IT Analyst II Interview

IT Analyst II
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got fast reply after filling in my application. The interview is not hard with some questions about solving problems that can be found on the Internet. But the answer doesnot need to be right or wrong. It's about how you try to find a solution and interact with people.

Interview Question – They want to review some samples of my code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the range is fixed as in the job posting

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process was very well given in advance so that I had ample of time to prepare for them. They are not difficult and much of the process is done based on your resume. The interview is a two tier interview where by they have the department chair interview you first then they have specific HR personalize interview you later.

Interview Question – Where do you see your research go   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Norman, OK

I interviewed at University of Oklahoma in February 2010.

Interview Details – First, you need to pass the GRE exam. Then before the deadline, you apply through the graduate application website of OU. Then send your CV, recommendation letters, personal statement, academic transcript to both graduate college and the department. Then you just wait. Someone will give you an email and set up a time for a telephone interview.

Interview Question – None. Most professional questions   Answer Question

Student Athlete Tutor Interview

Student Athlete Tutor
Norman, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was really quick and easy - nothing too formal and nothing tricky at all. They just ask you about yourself, your school work, and anything related to tutoring. They'll ask you which subjects you feel comfortable tutoring in, and other questions like that. The hiring and interview process should not be a worry.

Interview Question – They were all easy, but be prepared to answer why you should be tutoring for whatever subject you're trying to tutor in.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Norman, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was told about the position by one of the people I went to high school with. They mainly wanted to know how well I had done in my previous classes. The interview was low-stress and I was apparently overdressed, but my supervisor has been really great to work with

Interview Question – Most of the questions were mainly about my schedule and my previous experiences as a tutor. No curve balls here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The rates were standard but I was eventually able to negotiate a raise when I matriculated to graduate status.

Art Director Interview

Art Director
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process was initially very positive. I was contacted for an interview only days after submitting an online application. They were very friendly and showed they were interested in selling the job to me. The people I met and interviewed seemed very professional. I was asked to prepare a presentation of my portfolio, but they seemed not to have enough time to be interested in that when I got there.

After the interview, they asked me to perform an art test, which is odd, since my portfolio pretty much shows what I can do and art tests are typically used earlier in the process, well before interviews as a filter. It was a short test, and I submitted the results on time. I then heard nothing for weeks.

I finally sent an email to the hiring manager who notified me they had already sent notice that they hired someone else... VIA SNAIL-MAIL... through the correspondence dept at a huge university! Are you kidding? All other communications were either by phone or email. The manager said they had immediately sent out the mail, but after receiving the letter, I checked the post mark and noted that it was post-marked ten days after he said it was mailed. Good grief. MAJOR FAIL!

It's fine to be rejected. It's really no big deal, but being on the bubble for a job that could mean a major move for you and your family is stressful in a big way, especially when you know you are one of two finalists for the position. It is the height of unprofessional behavior to let that go on for weeks after making a decision, because you were either too embarrassed, busy, or lazy to assure prompt notification to other candidates waiting to hear from you.

Interview Question – There were no real odd questions.   Answer Question

Kitchen Crew Interview

Kitchen Crew
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Oklahoma.

Interview Details – I applied online they called me saying I got the job, that was it.

Editor Interview

Editor
Norman, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Oklahoma in April 2008.

Interview Details – Submit a written application, have a newsroom vote, interview with the Publications Board

Interview Question – How will you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Oklahoma

Worked for University of Oklahoma? Contribute to the Community!