University of Oklahoma Interview Questions in Oklahoma

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

SKYPE INTERVIEW, I applyed for an special job fair, i could not be at the fair because I live abroad, but they were great, i talked to them about my interest in the job and they decided to make an skype interview

Interview Questions

• QUESTIONS ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE, AND THE WAY I REACT IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS, ALSO THEY ASKED ME ABOUT MY BACKGROWND IN FINANCE.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK).

Interview

Applied online and received an interview a week later. Once I acceptance the position my supervisor was very flexible with scheduling my work time so it did not conflict with my class schedule. There was a minimum of 10 hours or a max of 30 hours that a student could work.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

There was not an interview process to apply for the University position so i didn't have to pass through the process of being interviewed. Again, I did not apply for an interview with my current employer

Interview Questions

• The did not ask anything since there was no interview to begin with. I just applied online in the University website and got selected to pursue my degree based on my credentials   Answer Question

Staff Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. It was with several people and they were very nice. They were also informative about the job and they made the job interview process to where you didn't feel like you were on the spot to make you feel nervous.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted to do with my life after I received my bachelor's degree?   1 Answer

Student Athlete Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really quick and easy - nothing too formal and nothing tricky at all. They just ask you about yourself, your school work, and anything related to tutoring. They'll ask you which subjects you feel comfortable tutoring in, and other questions like that. The hiring and interview process should not be a worry.

Interview Questions

• They were all easy, but be prepared to answer why you should be tutoring for whatever subject you're trying to tutor in.   Answer Question

University Libraries - Access Services Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

I arrived, sat down with the staff supervisor and a student supervisor, and essentially just chatted about my resume items: past employment, major, extracurriculars, etc. The supervisor for this department is an incredibly nice lady, if a bit weird, and the interview was very "her," I realized once I'd been there a while.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you had to do at your last job? (Seriously, this interview was super basic.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating pay.

Kitchen Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK).

Interview

I applied online they called me saying I got the job, that was it.

IT Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

I got fast reply after filling in my application. The interview is not hard with some questions about solving problems that can be found on the Internet. But the answer doesnot need to be right or wrong. It's about how you try to find a solution and interact with people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the range is fixed as in the job posting

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in November 2011.

Interview

The process was initially very positive. I was contacted for an interview only days after submitting an online application. They were very friendly and showed they were interested in selling the job to me. The people I met and interviewed seemed very professional. I was asked to prepare a presentation of my portfolio, but they seemed not to have enough time to be interested in that when I got there. After the interview, they asked me to perform an art test, which is odd, since my portfolio pretty much shows what I can do and art tests are typically used earlier in the process, well before interviews as a filter. It was a short test, and I submitted the results on time. I then heard nothing for weeks. I finally sent an email to the hiring manager who notified me they had already sent notice that they hired someone else... VIA SNAIL-MAIL... through the correspondence dept at a huge university! Are you kidding? All other communications were either by phone or email. The manager said they had immediately sent out the mail, but after receiving the letter, I checked the post mark and noted that it was post-marked ten days after he said it was mailed. Good grief. MAJOR FAIL! It's fine to be rejected. It's really no big deal, but being on the bubble for a job that could mean a major move for you and your family is stressful in a big way, especially when you know you are one of two finalists for the position. It is the height of unprofessional behavior to let that go on for weeks after making a decision, because you were either too embarrassed, busy, or lazy to assure prompt notification to other candidates waiting to hear from you.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in August 2011.

Interview

I was told about the position by one of the people I went to high school with. They mainly wanted to know how well I had done in my previous classes. The interview was low-stress and I was apparently overdressed, but my supervisor has been really great to work with

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were mainly about my schedule and my previous experiences as a tutor. No curve balls here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The rates were standard but I was eventually able to negotiate a raise when I matriculated to graduate status.