University of Oregon

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Social Media Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Oregon.

Interview Details – Phone interview with 5 people, got a little awkward, wasn't sure who exactly to direct my question to or talk to. Asked very specific questions about what I would do in specific situations - and why. Also, got asked back-to-back questions in rapid fire, which caused me to get sort of overwhelmed.

Interview Question – "Describe your desired timeline of social media posts for a football game day"   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Oregon in March 2013.

Interview Details – A simple, brief interview about my university experience. I graduated from UO so they were familiar with what was expected of me knowledge-wise. I sent an email to the hiring group and they set up a 30 minute interview just to get an idea of who I am and what my skillset is.

Interview Question – What is your experience with Amazon Web Services?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Income prices are fixed, so little negotiation.

Libarary Interview

Libarary

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of Oregon.

Interview Details – Apply and then get a interview

Interview Question – not difficult   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Oregon.

Interview Details – It helps to already have worked in the department, and for management to already want to hire you. It is an unfair advantage to others on the outside, but fulfills a hiring process legality. To find out if a job is already taken, call and ask if anyone from the department is being considered or has applied.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Publisher Interview

Publisher

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Oregon.

Interview Details – It was a great experience with a lot of really nice and interesting people.

Interview Question – What is the first thing I would change about the magazine.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at University of Oregon.

Interview Details – submit a application form online quite easily and get email for the offer

Office Specialist II Interview

Office Specialist II
Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Oregon in August 2011.

Interview Details – 3 different interview panels with 3-4 on each panel. The panels were made up from people who dealt with the department on some level, but only the final interview panel was made up of the actual department members. Director made job offer to my husband by phone, including starting salary. This seemed strange and unprofessional.

Interview Question – When placement tests required hand-scoring, and strict time requirement were in place, what would you do if you couldn't locate the previously scheduled faculty members and time was running out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate starting salary.

EMU Student Maintenance Interview

EMU Student Maintenance

Interviewed at University of Oregon

Interview Details – Very straight forward and simple. One interview consisting of 10-15 questions.

Interview Question – What prior experience qualifies you for this job?   Answer Question

Art Interview

Art
Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at University of Oregon in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a generally good experience. However, the interviewers had not made up their mind about what they were looking for in the position. The people were friendly and forthcoming, but it was hard to pitch oneself without a clear sense of what the department was looking for.

Interview Question – Theoretical questions beyond my field.   Answer Question

Information Technology Consultant I Interview

Information Technology Consultant I
Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Oregon in June 2009.

Interview Details – After initial HR filtering, I was interviewed by a panel of upper-level management. They explained the position, the role of the department, etc and then began asking me questions. Questions consisted of hypothetical situations and the best solution, questions such as the difference between IMAP/POP and when to use each, etc. Testing portion created a scenario where a new employee needed accounts created, etc. There was a PC side and a Mac side to the test, as well as basic hardware understanding (monitor wasn't plugged in right, keyboard was loose, etc)

Interview Question – Create a Google Account and set to sync IMAP with OSX Mail.app (timed)   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Oregon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Oregon interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Oregon employees and interview candidates.