University of Oregon Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.6

Art Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a generally good experience. However, the interviewers had not made up their mind about what they were looking for in the position. The people were friendly and forthcoming, but it was hard to pitch oneself without a clear sense of what the department was looking for.

International Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Long interview process. Review of applications lasted over 5 weeks. The panel consisted of 4 individuals, two of them were foreigners and had heavy accents. The interview was over skype so it was tremendously difficult to understand them but they were the type of people you'd have a hard time understanding in person. The other two were staff of the department and one of them was quite arrogant. I was surprised to see that no senior level staff or director was on the panel. After all, isn't a seasoned manager the type of individual that can identify talent and pursue a new hire who will complement the team? What's worse is that I waited over a month to hear back that I hadn't made it to the second phase. Actually, I got in touch with them a month later and waited about a week to hear that I wasn't being considered.

Interview Questions

• One of the foreign panelists gave me a scenario involving an international student who suffers for social anxiety and performs poorly. At least I think that was the gist but I honestly think I missed most of the question because it was so difficult to understand, it was through skype and the panelist stumbled on their words. It thought it impolite to ask them to repeat the question and that may have contributed to my performance.   Answer Question

New Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

Mass interview done by student employees. you and about 10 other students are interviewed by 3-5 student managers. You never meet the professional staff until you are hired. I liked this aspect as you work primarily with the student managers so it makes sense that they would run the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Information Technology Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

After initial HR filtering, I was interviewed by a panel of upper-level management. They explained the position, the role of the department, etc and then began asking me questions. Questions consisted of hypothetical situations and the best solution, questions such as the difference between IMAP/POP and when to use each, etc. Testing portion created a scenario where a new employee needed accounts created, etc. There was a PC side and a Mac side to the test, as well as basic hardware understanding (monitor wasn't plugged in right, keyboard was loose, etc)

Interview Questions

• Create a Google Account and set to sync IMAP with OSX Mail.app (timed)   1 Answer

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

3 different interview panels with 3-4 on each panel. The panels were made up from people who dealt with the department on some level, but only the final interview panel was made up of the actual department members. Director made job offer to my husband by phone, including starting salary. This seemed strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• When placement tests required hand-scoring, and strict time requirement were in place, what would you do if you couldn't locate the previously scheduled faculty members and time was running out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate starting salary.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

A simple, brief interview about my university experience. I graduated from UO so they were familiar with what was expected of me knowledge-wise. I sent an email to the hiring group and they set up a 30 minute interview just to get an idea of who I am and what my skillset is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Income prices are fixed, so little negotiation.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions that dealt with food service, safety within HACCP, and supervisory experience. Process took a while to know whether or not I was hired after the interview as they tend to do a lot of interviewing for various positions.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume, relevant work experience and met with the professor leading the research. I had done some classwork that was related to the position and submitted that in addition, which helped. There were not too many people who applied, so I believe that aided in getting the position.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Walked in, said I took the class and got an A, got the job. That was it. It may have helped that I had a friend who worked there, but even without that I would've just had to show some coding knowledge

Football Player Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process is completely based on film from high school combined with athletic ability and what they believe will be your potential growth physically. The process for high school players is a meat market, much like the NFL. The walk on process is basically a two or three day tryout, but they do not get paid a dime except during bowl season when they get $30 a day for food.