University of Oregon Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.2

International Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Long interview process. Review of applications lasted over 5 weeks. The panel consisted of 4 individuals, two of them were foreigners and had heavy accents. The interview was over skype so it was tremendously difficult to understand them but they were the type of people you'd have a hard time understanding in person. The other two were staff of the department and one of them was quite arrogant. I was surprised to see that no senior level staff or director was on the panel. After all, isn't a seasoned manager the type of individual that can identify talent and pursue a new hire who will complement the team? What's worse is that I waited over a month to hear back that I hadn't made it to the second phase. Actually, I got in touch with them a month later and waited about a week to hear that I wasn't being considered.

Interview Questions

• One of the foreign panelists gave me a scenario involving an international student who suffers for social anxiety and performs poorly. At least I think that was the gist but I honestly think I missed most of the question because it was so difficult to understand, it was through skype and the panelist stumbled on their words. It thought it impolite to ask them to repeat the question and that may have contributed to my performance.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

A simple, brief interview about my university experience. I graduated from UO so they were familiar with what was expected of me knowledge-wise. I sent an email to the hiring group and they set up a 30 minute interview just to get an idea of who I am and what my skillset is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Income prices are fixed, so little negotiation.

Office Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

3 different interview panels with 3-4 on each panel. The panels were made up from people who dealt with the department on some level, but only the final interview panel was made up of the actual department members. Director made job offer to my husband by phone, including starting salary. This seemed strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• When placement tests required hand-scoring, and strict time requirement were in place, what would you do if you couldn't locate the previously scheduled faculty members and time was running out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate starting salary.

Art Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a generally good experience. However, the interviewers had not made up their mind about what they were looking for in the position. The people were friendly and forthcoming, but it was hard to pitch oneself without a clear sense of what the department was looking for.

Information Technology Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

After initial HR filtering, I was interviewed by a panel of upper-level management. They explained the position, the role of the department, etc and then began asking me questions. Questions consisted of hypothetical situations and the best solution, questions such as the difference between IMAP/POP and when to use each, etc. Testing portion created a scenario where a new employee needed accounts created, etc. There was a PC side and a Mac side to the test, as well as basic hardware understanding (monitor wasn't plugged in right, keyboard was loose, etc)

Interview Questions

• Create a Google Account and set to sync IMAP with OSX Mail.app (timed)   1 Answer