University of Ottawa Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Ottawa.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the law professor and then met with the professor to describe my interests and past educational and work experience. I explained to the professor as to why I am interested in the position and what I would hope to learn from this experience as well as how I could help to contribute to the work the professor was doing. The interview process was informal and friendly.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

applied out of Canada by email.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

There may or may not be a interview. Advanced courses usually have a small interaction process before the final offering. Job seekers should have passed that particular course in past years.

Interview Questions

• You must know the tools to be used in the lab sessions.   Answer Question

Writing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

One interview which also includes a referencing style exercise to assess the applicant's ability to incorporate APA, MLA, or Chicago Style, as well as pick up on and explain simple grammar rules.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is non-negotiable. Supervisors do they best to accommodate preferred work hours.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

There is no no interview process. The positions are generally allocated to students as a part of a scholarship, at a rate of one course or 130 hours per semester for four semesters. However registered students with relevant experience may apply for the positions, but face still competition from others especially since there are few positions to begin with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Sending e-mail to professor, get an interview in office.

Programme Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

Conventional staged interview process. After applying for the posting online, you will be selected among candidates for an initial interview. Moving onto the second interview you will be asked to answer questions catered to your job description. Finally orientation and training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple structured pay-based on experience. Non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

I was fortunate to get this job opportunity as my effort to see many counselors paid off. I booked an appointment with one of the counselors at Career Services in the university and the very next day, there was an opening in the same office. Interview took 15 minutes and I was hired based on my experience in IT sector and knowledge of computers.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Took a course from a professor. Got good grade. Then mentioned to him that I'm interested in doing a research project with him. No interview.

Development Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Ottawa in December 2010.

Interview

All candidates must be fluently bilingual both in French and English. Candidate will be asked to answer both in French and English during interview process. Sometimes a test is required for certain position. The hiring process is based on a grade system, and of course priority will be given to current employees

Interview Questions

• Mostly your previous experience in correlation with the new job you are applying   Answer Question