University of Pennsylvania Health System

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.6

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

Wasn't bad at all. The interview was very fair. Was honest about skills

Done through contracting agency. Would not recommend this place.

IT Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

The supervisor who interviewed me was instantly dislikable; the type of guy who looked like he could suck the life out of a room just by walking in. His answers to my questions were curt bordering on rude, he seemed uncommunicative, and appeared to be absolutely miserable working there. He must have used the bathroom prior to meeting me because he had urine stains all over the front of his khakis, yet he stressed several times the importance of looking presentable on the job. Seemed like he would be an awful person to work for.

Interview Questions

Didn't seem like a good boss.

Supervisor, Patient Registration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

First I recieved an email from HR aasking for a few times thatbworked for me that we could talk. Reviewed experiences on my resume tailoring previous duties to those of the job I wad interviewing for. Recruiter was very pleasant. We set up a day and time for me to come in and interview with one of the other supervisors and the manager who were both friendly. Department tour showed a bunch of hard working people with poor attitudes. Management viewed employees as well beneath them and communication showed.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem asking for co pays and deductibles up front?   View Answer
    Economy for businesses is hard too (lol) good luck

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

Hiring and Interview process was seemless. Met with HR coordinator and then with principal investigator. Questions were very simple and based on past experience.

Biomedical Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in April 2012.

I had 11, yes 11 interviews, for a mid-level position. I kept being told my chances were good and interviews 5-11 were just formalities...they weren't, I never got the job. It was my fault for not keeping all of my options open, but I had turned down other opportunities during this process for the chance to work at Penn. It took me another year and a half to get my current (fantastic) job, so it wasn't a total waste, but I wish they would streamline their process for the future.

Interview Questions
    • One of my last interviewers came out to get me, declared she was having a bad day and wanted to get our interview over with. She was distracted during the whole process and asked me questions about the organization only internal people (in other departments HR and Finance) would know. When I tripped up on them she would get annoyed.   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in February 2012.

Overall my hiring and interview process was amazing. My interviewer ended up being my manager and she was by far the best manager I ever had. Sometimes I actually wish I still worked for her. She was so welcoming during the interview process and was very informative on what the job was going to be like once I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what I would change about myself when it came to working.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in February 2011.

I was to three interviews (does not include the phone screen). All of the people I interacted with were very professional, pleasant and helpful. Not sure of the culture, as I think you need to be in the workplace for more than just an interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would I manage, not knowing the system from a technical perspective.   View Answer
    I felt the offer made was their best at the time. If it had been lower I definitely would have negotiated a bit more if possible.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in September 2010.

Innitial communications were done by phone and the conversation was brief lasting around 20-30 minutes. In the interview basic fit, background, and neurology questions were asked. In the second round interview an in person meeting was required where both the PI and director were present. At the second interview, staining, sectioning, and the evaluation of slides from the prevalence/severity of neurodegenerative diseases were highlighted. Following the second interview a position was offered.

Interview Questions
    • To assign a rating of disease progression in a post-mortem stained slide for the severity of Alzheimer's   View Answer
    No negotiation was done.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in July 2010.

Originally interviewed with the Corporal on the shift then the Sergent and Director of the Security Department. Had to take a psych personality test as well as demonstrate hand gun proficiency at the range to obtain ACT 235 certification.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary slightly higher than was originally offered.