University of Pennsylvania Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in September 2010.

Interview Details – Innitial communications were done by phone and the conversation was brief lasting around 20-30 minutes. In the interview basic fit, background, and neurology questions were asked. In the second round interview an in person meeting was required where both the PI and director were present. At the second interview, staining, sectioning, and the evaluation of slides from the prevalence/severity of neurodegenerative diseases were highlighted. Following the second interview a position was offered.

Interview Question – To assign a rating of disease progression in a post-mortem stained slide for the severity of Alzheimer's   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Patient Service Representative
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in February 2012.

Interview Details – Overall my hiring and interview process was amazing. My interviewer ended up being my manager and she was by far the best manager I ever had. Sometimes I actually wish I still worked for her. She was so welcoming during the interview process and was very informative on what the job was going to be like once I was hired.

Interview Question – She asked me what I would change about myself when it came to working.   View Answer

Senior Programmer Interview

Senior Programmer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

Interview Details – Wasn't bad at all. The interview was very fair. Was honest about skills

Negotiation Details – Done through contracting agency. Would not recommend this place.

IT Technician Interview

IT Technician

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

Interview Details – The supervisor who interviewed me was instantly dislikable; the type of guy who looked like he could suck the life out of a room just by walking in. His answers to my questions were curt bordering on rude, he seemed uncommunicative, and appeared to be absolutely miserable working there. He must have used the bathroom prior to meeting me because he had urine stains all over the front of his khakis, yet he stressed several times the importance of looking presentable on the job. Seemed like he would be an awful person to work for.

Interview Question – None, really. He did all the talking.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't seem like a good boss.

Supervisor, Patient Registration Interview

Supervisor, Patient Registration

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

Interview Details – First I recieved an email from HR aasking for a few times thatbworked for me that we could talk. Reviewed experiences on my resume tailoring previous duties to those of the job I wad interviewing for. Recruiter was very pleasant. We set up a day and time for me to come in and interview with one of the other supervisors and the manager who were both friendly. Department tour showed a bunch of hard working people with poor attitudes. Management viewed employees as well beneath them and communication showed.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem asking for co pays and deductibles up front?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Economy for businesses is hard too (lol) good luck

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was seemless. Met with HR coordinator and then with principal investigator. Questions were very simple and based on past experience.

Interview Question – Describe your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Biomedical Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Biomedical Postdoctoral Fellow

Interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on site interview

Interview Question – Do you want to stay in academia or industry?   Answer Question

Financial Counselor Interview

Financial Counselor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in January 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the supervisor and manager of the department as well a manager from another department.

Interview Question – Name a time where you a had a problem to deal with and no one from management to assist you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a 30% raise compared to what I was originally making

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in May 2010.

Interview Details – Extensive for me after so many years working within the institution. My counter part had no such obligation and was given the job without going through the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Explain why I obtained my master's degree in Health Education and not Business Administration?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Weigh base salary against present salary and the ability to gain additional money from overtime. Ask yourself is a salary position with title > your current position with less responsibility and the opportunity to make overtime.

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania Health System in July 2010.

Interview Details – Originally interviewed with the Corporal on the shift then the Sergent and Director of the Security Department. Had to take a psych personality test as well as demonstrate hand gun proficiency at the range to obtain ACT 235 certification.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable being constantly outnumbered?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary slightly higher than was originally offered.

Worked for University of Pennsylvania Health System? Contribute to the Community!