University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

i have just started to apply. Will update when get a call

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

This was a rather informal process. I e-mailed many professors who worked in the area of what I was interested in. After that, I met with several professors. This professors was interested in what I was doing and was willing to work with me to help him with his research project. So far, he has been a great mentor. I met with him several other times in order to make sure that our interests aligned.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online through the university career portal by searching for the jobs I was interested in. I got an interview call from one of the employers after a week or so. The interview was quite simple, was just asked to go over my resume and justify why I wanted that position.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

give a presentation of about 45 min and talk to PI and group members, usually takes an entire day.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Discuss research experience, career plans, research interests. On site: Give research talk to group, meet with other members.

Negotiation

None.

IT Senior Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Most communication was via email. There were two rounds of in person interviews. The entire process took almost (no joke!) one year from initial application to start date. Interviews were pretty laid back and unstructured and included some phone screens, one on one and then a panel or two. Once interviews were complete it still took over a month for an offer to be pulled together.

Interview Questions

• Candidates are quizzed more on technical expertise than management/leadership skills though the latter is more relevant to the position in question. It's a very good indicator of what the current management values and how the place really runs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary range was pretty much set. Benefits (PTO etc) are not negotiable.

Lab Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

HR and technical interview with different professors os the department. Since I was a student, it was easier for me as most of the professors I interviewed with knew me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

On campus job - one round, casual and comfortable

Interview Questions

• General questions, e.g. How would you manage your time?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, make sure you posses most of the qualities that they are asking for in a job description. Have the ability to speak about previous work experience, and explain why you would be a good fit for the position you are applying for

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a challenging situation, how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult to negotiate, Penn already has a set salary for your position

Research Specialist A Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I was referred by a former employer. The hiring and interview process took three weeks.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked too many questions. The employer was already familiar with my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.