University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania in November 2013.

Interview

As with many higher education institutions, the interview process moved fairly slowly. My main contact was always willing and happy to provide me with an update hen I asked, and I was pleased to find everyone I interacted with so pleasant. I had a phone interview, a 2nd phone conference interview with two people and an in-person group interview with five executives. I didn't feel any of their questions were particularly unexpected or unreasonable, though they were insightful and thought-provoking. I was concerned I would feel outnumbered at the in-person interview but each person made an effort to make me feel at ease. I would definitely consider applying to Penn again.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding the transition to a higher ed environment. I felt I needed the execs to provide me with more information before I could determine what the obstacles might be.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I was in a different department interviewing for that department in front of a panel of six. A panelist took my resume back to her department for the position that was open in her department. I was call in for my first interview a week or so after the interview with the panel and the second the week after that. Was hired and I've been here in the College Advising Office ever since (16 years). I'd start to interview with other departments after not being able to go any farther in this department.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult Question is where do you what to be in five or ten years.   1 Answer

Information Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was a very good one. I made connections and talked with very knowledgeable people. They were very open and extremely helpful.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online through the university career portal by searching for the jobs I was interested in. I got an interview call from one of the employers after a week or so. The interview was quite simple, was just asked to go over my resume and justify why I wanted that position.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

This was a rather informal process. I e-mailed many professors who worked in the area of what I was interested in. After that, I met with several professors. This professors was interested in what I was doing and was willing to work with me to help him with his research project. So far, he has been a great mentor. I met with him several other times in order to make sure that our interests aligned.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. Very easy process and seemed like a good fit. Interviews vary in intensity by department.

Negotiation

None

Research Specialist C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

the HR will contact by phone interview, then they will help you set up on-site interview. you don't need be dress up very formal. interview process will take at least a day. You will meet a group of lab members, you also need prepare a presentation. They will ask you a lot questions about your previous work. The whole process is very stressful.

Digital Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Over the course of three weeks I met twice with a team within the Provost's office. The interviews were formal, but relaxed in tone and content. Each time, I felt as though I could imagine myself within the department and functioning within a busy office that was essential to student life on campus.

Interview Questions

• How would I look to improve the processes currently in place in this position to help streamline the requests of other departments?   Answer Question

IT Senior Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Most communication was via email. There were two rounds of in person interviews. The entire process took almost (no joke!) one year from initial application to start date. Interviews were pretty laid back and unstructured and included some phone screens, one on one and then a panel or two. Once interviews were complete it still took over a month for an offer to be pulled together.

Interview Questions

• Candidates are quizzed more on technical expertise than management/leadership skills though the latter is more relevant to the position in question. It's a very good indicator of what the current management values and how the place really runs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary range was pretty much set. Benefits (PTO etc) are not negotiable.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I submitted an application through the electronic system and talked with members of the department. I had one group interview and was offered the job later that day. Overall, it was actually a pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any question that i would describe as difficult to answer. Overall, the interview was very friendly. I did not feel like I was being grilled or pushed until i made a mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.