University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

2.6

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

The initial interview was short and concise. The manager asked a few questions about customer service and my education background. During the second round of the interview, the supervisor of my manager attended and asked me questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions the manager asked were expected questions.   Answer Question

CRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in June 2011.

I was hired as a summer intern and then moved into a paid position. First there was a phone interview with the PI and then an in person interview with the PI.

There was no negotiation.

Project Manager/Researcher/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in October 2010.

The interview steps consisted of: Applying, Interviewing and Hiring. It also helped that I had worked on the same problem for my PhD dissertation and the projects I was going to work on was an extension of the same capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • As wide as predictive modeling, programming, sales, project management etc   View Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in February 2010.

i applied on college board .com i had excellent sat scores

Interview Questions
    • what do you want to contribute to the university.   View Answer
    none

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Phone request for interview. Came for job talk. Everyone was friendly. Long day, but not unlike interviewing for graduate school. Asked back for chalk talk, laid out 1-2 NIH grants. Not that many questions, but that may have had a lot to do with the level of preparation. To some extent they have made up their mind before you get there, so it was mine to lose.

Interview Questions
    • Just preparing for the chalk talk required multiple iterations and time for preparation.   View Answer
    Negotiation was by email. Everything that was said more or less was true. This probably has most to do with the person doing the hiring rather than university policy. Paid for trips back to look for housing. That may have changed by now.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in February 2011.

They called for an interview and basically told me that I was to qualified for the job but I had it if I wanted it. It wasn't a high paying position nor did I expect it to be, it was just what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • There are not really any that I can think of, to be honest there weren't many questions at all.   Answer Question

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in August 2011.

I reached out to the head of the department and found out a time to meet with her. I made sure to do this before the school year started, which helped me get the position. She had vacancies as a result of graduated seniors, so the timing worked out perfectly.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few difficult questions. I approached her with honesty, and she was very understanding given my position as a student.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in August 2012.

Presentation and met with lab personnel

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

National search for top experts in field. Generally 100+ highly qualified candidates per posting at faculty level. University is highly focused on recruiting diversity in hiring process. Would strongly encourage qualified URM candidates to apply as Univ. is really serious about trying to improve diversity.

Interview Questions
    • How will you pay your self and everyone else that works for you? (little known fact - University does not actually pay people - faculty pay the University a share of grants (33% of total money brought in) as rent.   View Answer
    Days of big start up packages for junior recruits are gone. Would focus on how to get up and running where you are, then move when your indirect costs for the next 3 years exceed the amount of $ you would need as a recruiting package to make the move.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Very intense and rigorous interview process. I had 6 interviews with different people over a 3 weeks period. Very long background check performed by a third-party company.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to security and methods of authentication   View Answer

Worked for University of Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!