University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Bioinformatics Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

An onsite visit followed by phone interview, lots of tech questions. The PI and lab members are very nice and friendly. By the end of the interview, they showed me around their lab. Overall it was very good experience.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA).

Interview

Application completed, interview with hiring officer, another associate that I would work closely with and Manger of the Department. the interview questions were standard for the time but now with BEI (Behavioral Event Interviewing) questions, I would find it more interesting and challenging. At the time I was hired additional testing was not mandatory for a Coordinator position but now testing is pretty standard (i.e. software testing, writing sample test etc.). Competition was and remains stiff so presenting yourself as a knowledgeable and competent professional is a must.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle someone who was trying to extract confidential information out of me.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The first round began with a short half hour phone interview with prospective boss. Then once that level was passed there were multiple rounds of in person interviews with multiple interviews in each round. Given that i did not know the structure at the time it made it more difficult to figure out which types of questions were best for which interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where a client was not happy with something and needed a resolution?   Answer Question

PSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

If you are related to some one you get hired especially if you have no experience. They give whites with a blank resume professional level positions while minorities with great resumes and education are given clerical positions. They interview for the process but give position to management's family members regardless of qualifications. HR doesn't like to be contacted or asked any questions and take great offense when contacted.

Interview Questions

• is there advancement opportunities   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very important get what you can get because they don't give raises you only get cost of living increases some years which can be 10 cents or 15 cents.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The initial interview was short and concise. The manager asked a few questions about customer service and my education background. During the second round of the interview, the supervisor of my manager attended and asked me questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most questions the manager asked were expected questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone request for interview. Came for job talk. Everyone was friendly. Long day, but not unlike interviewing for graduate school. Asked back for chalk talk, laid out 1-2 NIH grants. Not that many questions, but that may have had a lot to do with the level of preparation. To some extent they have made up their mind before you get there, so it was mine to lose.

Interview Questions

• Just preparing for the chalk talk required multiple iterations and time for preparation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was by email. Everything that was said more or less was true. This probably has most to do with the person doing the hiring rather than university policy. Paid for trips back to look for housing. That may have changed by now.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

National search for top experts in field. Generally 100+ highly qualified candidates per posting at faculty level. University is highly focused on recruiting diversity in hiring process. Would strongly encourage qualified URM candidates to apply as Univ. is really serious about trying to improve diversity.

Interview Questions

• How will you pay your self and everyone else that works for you? (little known fact - University does not actually pay people - faculty pay the University a share of grants (33% of total money brought in) as rent.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Days of big start up packages for junior recruits are gone. Would focus on how to get up and running where you are, then move when your indirect costs for the next 3 years exceed the amount of $ you would need as a recruiting package to make the move.

Information Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was a very good one. I made connections and talked with very knowledgeable people. They were very open and extremely helpful.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. Very easy process and seemed like a good fit. Interviews vary in intensity by department.

Negotiation

None

Research Specialist C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

the HR will contact by phone interview, then they will help you set up on-site interview. you don't need be dress up very formal. interview process will take at least a day. You will meet a group of lab members, you also need prepare a presentation. They will ask you a lot questions about your previous work. The whole process is very stressful.