University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in June 2012.

Typical Postdoc interview. Was asked by the PI to come the following week. Spent about 5 hours speaking with graduate students, MD/PhD students and the PI about their research and what the lab was like. Spoke indiviually with the PI for quite a while about available projects. Presented my thesis work in a 1 hour seminar.

Interview Questions
  • The students are very bright and asked very detailed and difficult questions about my thesis work.   Answer Question
Postdoc---there is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in March 2010.

Chat with supervisor by phone, then in person interview a few weeks later. The interview was pretty standard but casual - my supervisor was wearing a t-shirt and jeans! Pretty low pressure. I was prepared, having researched my supervisor's work beforehand and asking the appropriate, informed questions, which every academic candidate should be sure to do.

Didn't get a chance to see the office or culture.

Interview Questions
    • What do you plan to do with your clinical degree/license?   View Answer
    No negotiations needed - my supervisor worked hard to get me a higher than average salary because I had unusually extensive work experience for a postdoctoral fellow.

Worked for University of Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!