University of Pennsylvania

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in June 2012.

Interview Details – Typical Postdoc interview. Was asked by the PI to come the following week. Spent about 5 hours speaking with graduate students, MD/PhD students and the PI about their research and what the lab was like. Spoke indiviually with the PI for quite a while about available projects. Presented my thesis work in a 1 hour seminar.

Interview Question – The students are very bright and asked very detailed and difficult questions about my thesis work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Postdoc---there is no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in March 2010.

Interview Details – Chat with supervisor by phone, then in person interview a few weeks later. The interview was pretty standard but casual - my supervisor was wearing a t-shirt and jeans! Pretty low pressure. I was prepared, having researched my supervisor's work beforehand and asking the appropriate, informed questions, which every academic candidate should be sure to do.

Didn't get a chance to see the office or culture.

Interview Question – What do you plan to do with your clinical degree/license?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed - my supervisor worked hard to get me a higher than average salary because I had unusually extensive work experience for a postdoctoral fellow.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Pennsylvania

Worked for University of Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellow interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Pennsylvania employees and interview candidates.