University of Pennsylvania

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview Details – An all-day (6 hr) affair at the CNDR consisting of 5 consecutive interviews and tours of the place. There weren't many questions, but rather you were expected to ask the questions. I did some research and reading on recent papers published (there are a lot) and did demonstrate that I had done the work, but still, 6 hrs is a lot of stuff to cover without feeling like a repetitive robot. Overall, I was not successful and kind of feel crappy that I had to go through this just to fail.

Interview Question – Tell me about your research experience.   View Answer

Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview Details – Talked over the phone and email. Checked my references. Contract signed at the start of employment

Interview Question – Understanding that the pay would be minimum wage and completely depended on having sufficient grant funds   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in January 2010.

Interview Details – PI gave a talk and met with one of the post doc. Interviewed with post doc.

Interview Question – Discussed about projects regarding the PI's grant.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at University of Pennsylvania

Interview Details – I applied online through the university career portal by searching for the jobs I was interested in. I got an interview call from one of the employers after a week or so. The interview was quite simple, was just asked to go over my resume and justify why I wanted that position.

Interview Question – Nothing really very difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at University of Pennsylvania

Interview Details – This was a rather informal process. I e-mailed many professors who worked in the area of what I was interested in. After that, I met with several professors. This professors was interested in what I was doing and was willing to work with me to help him with his research project. So far, he has been a great mentor. I met with him several other times in order to make sure that our interests aligned.

Interview Question – Did you find you work fulfilling?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in June 2011.

Interview Details – Found job listing on school website, and emailed my interests and resume. Met for a 1 on 1 interview the next week. Interview consisted of him telling me about his research. Asked me about my experience. Pretty informal as far as interviews go. Overall was pretty happy with interview, had a great conversation. However afterwards took a while to get a response, since he was interviewing others as well.

Interview Question – What is your background in this area?   Answer Question

Phila, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in August 2007.

Interview Details – I met with the Principal investigator and sat in her office for about 2 hours. It was a casual conversation about my background and my college experience. It was also very informal. I think the most important aspect was whether or not I clicked with the Principal invetsigator

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for University of Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!