University of Pennsylvania Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2014

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

An all-day (6 hr) affair at the CNDR consisting of 5 consecutive interviews and tours of the place. There weren't many questions, but rather you were expected to ask the questions. I did some research and reading on recent papers published (there are a lot) and did demonstrate that I had done the work, but still, 6 hrs is a lot of stuff to cover without feeling like a repetitive robot. Overall, I was not successful and kind of feel crappy that I had to go through this just to fail.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your research experience.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Talked over the phone and email. Checked my references. Contract signed at the start of employment

Interview Questions
    • Understanding that the pay would be minimum wage and completely depended on having sufficient grant funds   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in January 2010.

PI gave a talk and met with one of the post doc. Interviewed with post doc.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online through the university career portal by searching for the jobs I was interested in. I got an interview call from one of the employers after a week or so. The interview was quite simple, was just asked to go over my resume and justify why I wanted that position.

Research Assistant Interview

This was a rather informal process. I e-mailed many professors who worked in the area of what I was interested in. After that, I met with several professors. This professors was interested in what I was doing and was willing to work with me to help him with his research project. So far, he has been a great mentor. I met with him several other times in order to make sure that our interests aligned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in June 2011.

Found job listing on school website, and emailed my interests and resume. Met for a 1 on 1 interview the next week. Interview consisted of him telling me about his research. Asked me about my experience. Pretty informal as far as interviews go. Overall was pretty happy with interview, had a great conversation. However afterwards took a while to get a response, since he was interviewing others as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in August 2007.

I met with the Principal investigator and sat in her office for about 2 hours. It was a casual conversation about my background and my college experience. It was also very informal. I think the most important aspect was whether or not I clicked with the Principal invetsigator

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!