University of Pennsylvania Research Specialist A Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Specialist A Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

My interview was scheduled directly with the P.I. through email. I interviewed a week after the initial contact, and was given their decision two weeks after the interview date. I interviewed with three different lab personnel. The interview was informal and I wasn't asked too many questions. They did most of the talking and I was asked only about my previous research experience.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania

Research Specialist A Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

After applying online, was contacted by lab PI to interview on-site. Learned the laboratory's research interests and current projects, then was asked about my research experience and motivation. After meeting with current members of the lab, met with PI again to discuss my potential role. An offer was sent a few weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania in April 2012.

I was contacted via email by the principal investigator (PI). We set up for an interview, which was very casual and laid back. Everyone in the department I interviewed in was helpful, as finding my way to the Principal Investigator's office was a task. When the interview was over, the PI promised to get in touch with me within two weeks. I got the job, and the rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • There was none. The interview was very easy, thankfully.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania in September 2011.

I received an email from the office of the PI for whose lab I had applied to. The interview was scheduled entirely through email. The process consisted of a one on one interview with the PI, who had seen my qualifications on my resume and had been curious as to the fact that I went to the same graduate school as the one she'd been teaching at until recently. However, this seemed about as far as her interest went as far as I was concerned.

She said up front without barely asking any questions that the job she had in mind probably wasn't a good fit for me, but reassured me that I should keep looking for a job and if I didn't find one within a few weeks to contact her again for another position that she might need filling in the future.

It was a very odd experience, but one that I came out of fairly happy.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of experience and techniques do you have in the lab?   View Answer

Research Specialist A Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania in October 2010.

After filling out an online application, I was contacted by an administrative assistant who scheduled my interview. I met with the Principal Investigator first and we went over my work experience, college courses, and what the position would entail. Next, the admin assistant walked me to the lab where I met a few grad students and was shown around the lab. Apparently this is how each candidate was vetted. The grad students had a large say in who was hired and they had access to each candidate's resume.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had questions that I wanted answered. Since I didn't know anything about the lab or my position until I had the interview, I didn't have anything prepared   Answer Question
    No negotiation, paperwork was already printed up for me to sign.

Research Specialist A Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

I was referred by a former employer. The hiring and interview process took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked too many questions. The employer was already familiar with my work.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate.