University of Phoenix

www.phoenix.edu

University of Phoenix Adjunct Online Instructor Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Submitted app online, got an email from a recruiter a week or two later. About 3-4 weeks later did a phone interview, took about 20-30 minutes. The phone interview were basic questions, why do you want to work here, tell us about your experience, etc. After the phone interview you are selected to attend faculty training, which is 4 weeks long and a giant pain in the butt, you will be in "class" with 10-15 other instructors, and will lose 1/4 of them to the process. At the end (I forgot to mention none of this is paid...), if you pass, you then are assigned a mentor and an online class, and you meet with the mentor for 2 weeks prior (all online, and again.. all free...). Once you start your first class you get paid, once at the end of the 1st week (which in reality doesn't hit your bank until the 3rd week), and your final check comes about 3 weeks after class ends. If you pass the mentorship, then congrats, you are now authorized to teach... err facilitate... great job...

Interview Questions
  • They wanted to know about current trends in my field, wasn't expecting that question   Answer Question
There is none, you start around, I think it $1051.00/class and every year get a measly raise (after my first year it went up about $30/class...silly raise really)...

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2012.

After applying on their website, I was called by one of their recruiters for a pre-screening interview. After the pre-screening I was told that the next step was an interview with a department head. I was later told that they didn't hire online instructors from Texas because of tax laws, which didn't make sense to me.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just questions regarding my teaching style and philosophy.   Answer Question