University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and within 2 weeks received a phone call and did an initial phone interview with a HR recruiter. During the interview I asked about salary and it was extremely low with no bonus potential but I elected to move forward. A face-to-face interview was set up for the following week to interview with the hiring manager. I arrived at the interview and was introduced to the finance team manager and one of the directors. I was told the hiring manager had an important errand to run and would meet with me another time. The interview went well and within an hour HR called me back to set up an additional interview (lunch meeting) with the hiring manager. It was a holiday weekend but HR was very insistent that I schedule a meeting over the weekend because the hiring manager was going out of town for business. I agreed and met the manager for lunch on Labor Day.... The meeting went well and I was contacted by HR 2 days later informing they were moving forward with the hiring process and running my background check. I was hired 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered an extremely low salary for the position but I renegotiated with the hiring manager and received nearly the entire salary amount I requested. The HR interviewer said there was no room for salary increase but the hiring manager said she could make some changes and accommodate my salary request.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!