University of Phoenix Interview Questions in Arizona

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.8

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

No unexpected questions

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the political climate   2 Answers

Hours

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

Filled out an interview online.
    Emailed to fill out an assessment.
    Phone Interview a week later.
    In person interview a week later.
    Phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to overcome a challenge? All pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The hiring process when I first started was quite simple. You went through a phone interview, they requested an in person interview, hired, provided a 4 week training date, 4 week training, test (in or out phase), and a bit of floor training.

Interview Questions

• Not sure what this may have been. The position usually involves providing guidance and advisement of educational goals and career paths. Aligning a degree program with their career emphasis and helping that potential student use the information received to make the choice that is in their best interest. Whether the choice is to attend the University of Phoenix or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You were given a starting salary, and provided information about what growth potential is like and if it was in your best interest to become employed then you accept. Easy as that.

Military Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I got an email from the human resources department. This email contained around 10 questions that asked basic interview questions that you would expect in a face to face interview.

After submitting my answers, I was asked to a face to face interview. There, I was asked almost the identical questions as the paper interview.

Interview Questions

• The one question that I remember is "Describe a task in a previous job that was difficult for you and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available. It was a take it or leave it offer.