University of Phoenix Interview Questions & Reviews in Arizona

52 interviews

2.8

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

You will get a random call from a recruiter, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would suggest not answering the phone if a random number comes up and call back when you are ready. They will ask a lot of questions that would make more sense if you went through a training program. Prepare yourself by practicing scenarios in which you are retaining a student who wants to quit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you retain a student who decided that school was too hard and wanted to quit or take time off?   View Answer
    None, everyone is hired at the lowest base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

You will get a call unexpectedly, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would advise not answering and calling back when you are prepared. The face to face interview was easy, that really comes down to whether the interviewer likes you or not. Either way, if you can make it past the phone interview, you probably have a great shot at getting past the face to face.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who wanted to quit school after they received their first Pell Check disbursement?   View Answer

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2014.

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions
    No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2010.

It can take a while once you apply. It usually about two months between your application and training start date. There was an initial phone interview, a written assessment, and then an in person interview which was a large cattle call type interview. That process has since changed

There is no negotiation for salary. Everyone starts at the same salary

Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2010.

After submitting answers to questionairre and providing resume, I received a call about 2 weeks later. This was just a high level review followed by setting up a more formal interview. Once hired, all facilitators have to go thru a course on how to facilitate. I like very much that they do this. It shows you how the environment looks/works.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. One either has the skills or does not.   Answer Question

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview process was amazing! The person that I had was truly on the ball, and lively. Made me fell comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, the questions were pretty straight forward. Typical interview questions that you would get pretty much any where. However, do your homework, research the company, and be prepared to ask questions. That is what the interview is really all about. They are looking to see what you can bring to the table by making them think.   Answer Question
    At the time there was really no negotiation phase. The pay was straight forward. However, once you have your degree and/or if you have your degree that pay increases radically.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

The best way to get any contact from the University is to list a reference from a current employee.Those applications take priority. They will then call you if interested to set up a phone interview, asking you about yourself and how you would react in certain situations of distress in the workplace. They see if you can handle pressure. From there they may call you to come in and be interviewed by 2-3 managers. They will then get to know you a little and then ask how you would react in real student scenarios. They see if youre bold headed or have room to be taught. Its up tot he managers wheather to hire someone or not, so impress them.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked some of the student scenario questions throw you off if you dont know how the policies work.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2011.

Easy:
    Phone
    Interview Panel
    Phone call received stating I got the position.

There was not negotiation allowed

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!