University of Phoenix Enrollment Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enrollment Advisor Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question
no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

You apply online and within a few days are asked to take a behavioral assessment online--basic time management, agree/disagree questions. If you pass the assessment they schedule you for a phone interview. After the phone interview you will have an interview with the hiring manager. They ask you basic behavioral questions where they want specific examples from your work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Questions
    • Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online the day after the position opened. The day after I applied I received an email to complete the first stage of the hiring process which is the online assessment. The next day, a Friday, I received an email saying that I passed the assessment and was asked to do an phone interview the following Monday. My phone interview went awesome. I studied the behavior question that other left on Glassdoor so I breezed right through it. A couple of hours later a call saying that they wanted to move forward and scheduled an in person interview for that Thursday.

The interview had to be rescheduled for that Monday, The interview went great. My interviews were very nice and down to Earth. As for the questions, they were 5 behavioral ones and I was well prepared to answer them and one interviewer mentioned many times that I had great and different responses. I also asked two follow up questions that really made them think and extended the interview. I was told that I would be notified within 2 days about their decision. I was a wreck waiting because I REALLY needed this job! Going off experiences posted on here from others, I was either expecting a rejection email or a phone call offering the position. I got an email the 3rd day and felt devastated but when i opened it I was an offer!! I was told that it was contingent and would be official once my background was done. I was also told that I couldn't get a start date until the position opens up which is a total bummer. I really need a job so I guess I patiently wait.

Interview Questions
    • All of the behavioral questions that others have already posted here. Write them down and have answers for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Like others have said, you fill out an application, receive an online assessment test you have to access & complete, then a phone interview is set up, followed by an in-person interview. Everything was pretty straightforward & easy. My experience with the entire process was positive up until the in-person interview. I arrived a few minutes early, went to the receptionist to check in, and she wouldn't even look up from her computer at me & acted annoyed that I was even speaking to her. The interviewers, a manager and a director, were 20 minutes late for my interview. Once the interview began, they explained who they were, then asked me about my education, which includes a graduate/professional degree, & at that point, I could just sense that they were in no way interested in me. They went on to ask me the 4 behavioral questions, & I asked some questions, but they were running late for another interview (because they were late to mine), so they didn't even walk me back to the front desk or elevator. The phone interview was the complete opposite of this, as I instantly connected with the interviewer. I left the in-person interview completely dumbfounded, & later that night, I got an auto-generated rejection email. I had an employee referral & spot-on qualifications/experience as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, as they tell you after your phone interview to be prepared to answer another 4 behavioral questions in the in-person interview. 2 of my questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

After completing app, I had to take a two part online test. I was emailed about a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a few questions then told to expect a call for an in person interview. The in person interview was a few days later with two really nice ladies. It was only 5 questions. Both interviews were behavioral interviews. Nothing too complicated.