University of Phoenix

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Question – Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Question – Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2013.

Interview Details – You apply electronically through their website and if selected, receive an invitation to take a series of tests to assess your supposed suitability for the job. If you make it past this screening, you receive an email invitation for a phone interview, which, if successful, leads to a final face-to-face interview (I've heard of some people having a phone interview as their final interview).

I made it through to the final, face-to-face interview. The phone interview was brutal, lasting about an hour. My head hurt afterward. The questions are of the "behavioral" interview classification, where they ask you to elaborate on scenarios where you demonstrated and performed a certain way in the workplace. Example: "Describe a time where you were forced to make a decision at work you didn't want to make. What was your thought process and what was the decision?"

The final interview was more of the same, and you're told this in the phone interview. I had read reviews of final interviews lasting more than an hour, so when mine was less than that I didn't take it as a good sign - although I was relieved it was over. Too much to endure for such an entry-level position! I knew I was over-qualified walking in (so did my interviewers) and I was already an instructor with the University so I didn't know what they expected - they knew my work history from my resume and phone interview so I have no idea why they would even interview me further knowing they wouldn't hire me. I have several friends in other states who have gone on numerous interviews to no avail as well, and everyone knows this is a call-center type of job, with quotas, in a call-center environment with a lot of turnover. What on earth could they be looking for? My interviewers and I both knew it was a job I could do in my sleep.

Interview Question – The questions were all of the same level of difficulty. My example above: "Describe a time where you were forced to make a decision at work you didn't want to make. What was your thought process and what was the decision?" Having to sift through many positions in my work history over the years to come up with this exact scenario from that one job, and then expound on it, was exhausting. This is a better position, I think, for a recent grad who hasn't worked too many previous jobs.   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Interview Details – After completing app, I had to take a two part online test. I was emailed about a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a few questions then told to expect a call for an in person interview. The in person interview was a few days later with two really nice ladies. It was only 5 questions. Both interviews were behavioral interviews. Nothing too complicated.

Interview Question – Tell about a time that you had to resolve conflict   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online the day after the position opened. The day after I applied I received an email to complete the first stage of the hiring process which is the online assessment. The next day, a Friday, I received an email saying that I passed the assessment and was asked to do an phone interview the following Monday. My phone interview went awesome. I studied the behavior question that other left on Glassdoor so I breezed right through it. A couple of hours later a call saying that they wanted to move forward and scheduled an in person interview for that Thursday.

The interview had to be rescheduled for that Monday, The interview went great. My interviews were very nice and down to Earth. As for the questions, they were 5 behavioral ones and I was well prepared to answer them and one interviewer mentioned many times that I had great and different responses. I also asked two follow up questions that really made them think and extended the interview. I was told that I would be notified within 2 days about their decision. I was a wreck waiting because I REALLY needed this job! Going off experiences posted on here from others, I was either expecting a rejection email or a phone call offering the position. I got an email the 3rd day and felt devastated but when i opened it I was an offer!! I was told that it was contingent and would be official once my background was done. I was also told that I couldn't get a start date until the position opens up which is a total bummer. I really need a job so I guess I patiently wait.

Interview Question – All of the behavioral questions that others have already posted here. Write them down and have answers for them.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Interview Details – Like others have said, you fill out an application, receive an online assessment test you have to access & complete, then a phone interview is set up, followed by an in-person interview. Everything was pretty straightforward & easy. My experience with the entire process was positive up until the in-person interview. I arrived a few minutes early, went to the receptionist to check in, and she wouldn't even look up from her computer at me & acted annoyed that I was even speaking to her. The interviewers, a manager and a director, were 20 minutes late for my interview. Once the interview began, they explained who they were, then asked me about my education, which includes a graduate/professional degree, & at that point, I could just sense that they were in no way interested in me. They went on to ask me the 4 behavioral questions, & I asked some questions, but they were running late for another interview (because they were late to mine), so they didn't even walk me back to the front desk or elevator. The phone interview was the complete opposite of this, as I instantly connected with the interviewer. I left the in-person interview completely dumbfounded, & later that night, I got an auto-generated rejection email. I had an employee referral & spot-on qualifications/experience as well.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, as they tell you after your phone interview to be prepared to answer another 4 behavioral questions in the in-person interview. 2 of my questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question

Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview Details – The best way to get any contact from the University is to list a reference from a current employee.Those applications take priority. They will then call you if interested to set up a phone interview, asking you about yourself and how you would react in certain situations of distress in the workplace. They see if you can handle pressure. From there they may call you to come in and be interviewed by 2-3 managers. They will then get to know you a little and then ask how you would react in real student scenarios. They see if youre bold headed or have room to be taught. Its up tot he managers wheather to hire someone or not, so impress them.

Interview Question – Being asked some of the student scenario questions throw you off if you dont know how the policies work.   View Answer

Interviewed at University of Phoenix

Interview Details – Behavior based interview process with recruiters and managers

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you ...   Answer Question

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was expecting a one on one interview and it was a group interview. I then had to interview another candidate and then sell that person to the room. It was actually fun. From there, the interviewers decided who would come back for a second round which was a one on one.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just the usual.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Phoenix

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix Enrollment Advisor interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.