University of Phoenix

2.7

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I applied for the job and waited may 2-3 weeks before I was invited to take the assessment. The assessment consisted of three parts in which one took a long time. It consisted of placing words in a box until there are none there. After I took the assessment, I was told that I had passed it. I waited another 2-3 weeks before receiving an invite for a phone interview. Obviously I did horrible in my phone interview because I received an email 1 week later stating that I had not been chosen to move forward in the interviewing process. Also she only asked 4 behavioral questions during the phone interview. She stated that during the face-to-face interview that they ask different questions and you can not use the same answers since they record your responses.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

I applied for the position online and immediately received an assessment. After completing the assessment, it took a few days to receive an email from the Apollo Group about scheduling. It was hard to find a good time to interview because their times were all during the day, but we found one after two weeks. The final interview is typically a week later.

The interview questions that will secure the job for you are all behavioral. I had to explain a challenging time, a time when things were better than expected, a time when you have to please a customer, and another that I can remember. I would google behavioral interview questions if you were unfamiliar.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when something you developed turned out better than expected. Where did you work, what was the project, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate the salary because of my education and transferable skills but you can only negotiate if you have been in a same or similar role with the last year. This is my first position in higher education so I took a pay cut.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

You apply online and within a few days are asked to take a behavioral assessment online--basic time management, agree/disagree questions. If you pass the assessment they schedule you for a phone interview. After the phone interview you will have an interview with the hiring manager. They ask you basic behavioral questions where they want specific examples from your work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Questions
    • Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question