University of Phoenix Enrollment Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

You will get a random call from a recruiter, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would suggest not answering the phone if a random number comes up and call back when you are ready. They will ask a lot of questions that would make more sense if you went through a training program. Prepare yourself by practicing scenarios in which you are retaining a student who wants to quit.

Interview Questions
  • How would you retain a student who decided that school was too hard and wanted to quit or take time off?   View Answer
None, everyone is hired at the lowest base pay.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

You will get a call unexpectedly, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would advise not answering and calling back when you are prepared. The face to face interview was easy, that really comes down to whether the interviewer likes you or not. Either way, if you can make it past the phone interview, you probably have a great shot at getting past the face to face.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who wanted to quit school after they received their first Pell Check disbursement?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Questions
    • Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2013.

You apply electronically through their website and if selected, receive an invitation to take a series of tests to assess your supposed suitability for the job. If you make it past this screening, you receive an email invitation for a phone interview, which, if successful, leads to a final face-to-face interview (I've heard of some people having a phone interview as their final interview).

I made it through to the final, face-to-face interview. The phone interview was brutal, lasting about an hour. My head hurt afterward. The questions are of the "behavioral" interview classification, where they ask you to elaborate on scenarios where you demonstrated and performed a certain way in the workplace. Example: "Describe a time where you were forced to make a decision at work you didn't want to make. What was your thought process and what was the decision?"

The final interview was more of the same, and you're told this in the phone interview. I had read reviews of final interviews lasting more than an hour, so when mine was less than that I didn't take it as a good sign - although I was relieved it was over. Too much to endure for such an entry-level position! I knew I was over-qualified walking in (so did my interviewers) and I was already an instructor with the University so I didn't know what they expected - they knew my work history from my resume and phone interview so I have no idea why they would even interview me further knowing they wouldn't hire me. I have several friends in other states who have gone on numerous interviews to no avail as well, and everyone knows this is a call-center type of job, with quotas, in a call-center environment with a lot of turnover. What on earth could they be looking for? My interviewers and I both knew it was a job I could do in my sleep.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all of the same level of difficulty. My example above: "Describe a time where you were forced to make a decision at work you didn't want to make. What was your thought process and what was the decision?" Having to sift through many positions in my work history over the years to come up with this exact scenario from that one job, and then expound on it, was exhausting. This is a better position, I think, for a recent grad who hasn't worked too many previous jobs.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

After completing app, I had to take a two part online test. I was emailed about a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a few questions then told to expect a call for an in person interview. The in person interview was a few days later with two really nice ladies. It was only 5 questions. Both interviews were behavioral interviews. Nothing too complicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online the day after the position opened. The day after I applied I received an email to complete the first stage of the hiring process which is the online assessment. The next day, a Friday, I received an email saying that I passed the assessment and was asked to do an phone interview the following Monday. My phone interview went awesome. I studied the behavior question that other left on Glassdoor so I breezed right through it. A couple of hours later a call saying that they wanted to move forward and scheduled an in person interview for that Thursday.

The interview had to be rescheduled for that Monday, The interview went great. My interviews were very nice and down to Earth. As for the questions, they were 5 behavioral ones and I was well prepared to answer them and one interviewer mentioned many times that I had great and different responses. I also asked two follow up questions that really made them think and extended the interview. I was told that I would be notified within 2 days about their decision. I was a wreck waiting because I REALLY needed this job! Going off experiences posted on here from others, I was either expecting a rejection email or a phone call offering the position. I got an email the 3rd day and felt devastated but when i opened it I was an offer!! I was told that it was contingent and would be official once my background was done. I was also told that I couldn't get a start date until the position opens up which is a total bummer. I really need a job so I guess I patiently wait.

Interview Questions
    • All of the behavioral questions that others have already posted here. Write them down and have answers for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Like others have said, you fill out an application, receive an online assessment test you have to access & complete, then a phone interview is set up, followed by an in-person interview. Everything was pretty straightforward & easy. My experience with the entire process was positive up until the in-person interview. I arrived a few minutes early, went to the receptionist to check in, and she wouldn't even look up from her computer at me & acted annoyed that I was even speaking to her. The interviewers, a manager and a director, were 20 minutes late for my interview. Once the interview began, they explained who they were, then asked me about my education, which includes a graduate/professional degree, & at that point, I could just sense that they were in no way interested in me. They went on to ask me the 4 behavioral questions, & I asked some questions, but they were running late for another interview (because they were late to mine), so they didn't even walk me back to the front desk or elevator. The phone interview was the complete opposite of this, as I instantly connected with the interviewer. I left the in-person interview completely dumbfounded, & later that night, I got an auto-generated rejection email. I had an employee referral & spot-on qualifications/experience as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, as they tell you after your phone interview to be prepared to answer another 4 behavioral questions in the in-person interview. 2 of my questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Spring, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!