University of Phoenix

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Long process, interview with several managers and directors. Asked several questions and to sell something right on the spot. Nothing too difficult, they really want to get to know you and your views on sales, and education

Non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2014.

I completed an application online and was notified that an assessment needed to be completed. After completing the assessment, I received an e-mail about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was a series of behavioral questions and were rather easy. I received the opportunity to interview face-to-face at the Dallas location. I interviewed with one representative. Overall it seemed as if things went well. I was told that I would have a decision within 5 to 7 business days. During this waiting period a received an offer from another college closer to my home and I accepted it. I never heard anything back from University of Phoenix. I didn't receive a offer nor a denial.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make a customer happy that you can't please?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I applied for the job and waited may 2-3 weeks before I was invited to take the assessment. The assessment consisted of three parts in which one took a long time. It consisted of placing words in a box until there are none there. After I took the assessment, I was told that I had passed it. I waited another 2-3 weeks before receiving an invite for a phone interview. Obviously I did horrible in my phone interview because I received an email 1 week later stating that I had not been chosen to move forward in the interviewing process. Also she only asked 4 behavioral questions during the phone interview. She stated that during the face-to-face interview that they ask different questions and you can not use the same answers since they record your responses.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question
    none

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

I received an email that said if i applied to this job then I would get an interview. So I applied and then was directed to a set of online tests. My score was never disclosed, the tests were not necessary difficult just time consuming. I was then scheduled for a phone interview, it lasted around 30 minutes. All the questions were the behavior based tell me a time when ... happened using the star format. I feel like the questions were pretty generic and I could have easily made things up to make myself look better but I was honest and used recent examples for my answers. A couple days later I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to manage a difficult situation, what was the situation and what did I do in that situation.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

You apply online and within a few days are asked to take a behavioral assessment online--basic time management, agree/disagree questions. If you pass the assessment they schedule you for a phone interview. After the phone interview you will have an interview with the hiring manager. They ask you basic behavioral questions where they want specific examples from your work history.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question