University of Phoenix

Getting the Interview

54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview Details – The best way to get any contact from the University is to list a reference from a current employee.Those applications take priority. They will then call you if interested to set up a phone interview, asking you about yourself and how you would react in certain situations of distress in the workplace. They see if you can handle pressure. From there they may call you to come in and be interviewed by 2-3 managers. They will then get to know you a little and then ask how you would react in real student scenarios. They see if youre bold headed or have room to be taught. Its up tot he managers wheather to hire someone or not, so impress them.

Interview Question – Being asked some of the student scenario questions throw you off if you dont know how the policies work.   View Answer

Interviewed at University of Phoenix

Interview Details – Behavior based interview process with recruiters and managers

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you ...   Answer Question

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was expecting a one on one interview and it was a group interview. I then had to interview another candidate and then sell that person to the room. It was actually fun. From there, the interviewers decided who would come back for a second round which was a one on one.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just the usual.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – The first step will be a phone interview with the Apollo Education Group Recruiter. If you clear the first interview you will have a panel interview with the director and manager of the department you applied for.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was taken place. It was a take it or leave it kind of offer

Very Easy Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2011.

Interview Details – Easy:
Phone
Interview Panel
Phone call received stating I got the position.

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiation allowed

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – I made it to an in person interview...which was so odd. It was two men who toke turns asking odd questions while the other spend the entire time writing (seemed unprofessional).

Interview Question – A time where you used good judgement   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Interview Details – Several interviews and a online exam. Its a popularity contest so be friendly.

Interview Question – How would you sell a rainbow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none avalibnle

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to take a test in about a week. After the test, I had a phone interview about two weeks later, then an in person interview the next week. The phone interview was basically alot of behavioral interview questions. The person I interviewed with was a little snippy but I was asked for an in person interview. I waited 20-30 minutes after my scheduled interview time to be seen and the interviewer didn't seem too interested. I received an automated email that I was not chosen. Probably a good thing.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – The overall process took about three weeks to complete. Immediately following submission of my interview I was asked to fill out an online assessment. It contained many behavioral based questions. About a week later I was called for a same day phone interview which went well and I was pushed through to an inperson interview the following day. The in person interview was great, the interviewer made the interview fun and enjoyable. I was told I would be called within the week. Two weeks later I had not been contacted so I emailed the hiring manager to get an update on the progress. Two days later I was called with a backup offer. The hiring manager said that they wanted to hire me but they had already filled the position prior to my interview. He said they would do all the paperwork and get me scheduled for training in hopes that another position would open up in about a month which I could have without having to go through the process again.

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed. Describe a time where you had to discover the motives of a coworker.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a back up offer, not an actual offer for salaried employment.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Phoenix

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix Enrollment Advisor interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.