University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

No unexpected questions

Hours

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

The Hiring process was quick, it started out with an assessment a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The whole process was about 4 weeks.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Hiring process was simple, if you know someone who refers you to the company. An initial phone call took place to schedule an in depth phone interview, then, an email invitation to a group/panel interview and then a phone call for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why should an adult want to return to school to receive their degree?   View Answer
    Negotiation was not optional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

The Austin location goes through staffing agencies and you will apply online with them and be called in for a quick face-to-face interview. They then schedule you for a group interview where the University has a presentation and slowly pulls each person back for 1-1 interviews. They ask typical questions for cold-call sales and then send you back to the big room - if you did well.At the end of the process, those left will move on to the third portion which is a role play phone call.

Interview Questions
    • The cold call role play was not expected and the manager will call you and pretend they are a student who inquired online. They will be difficult and your goal is to get them in to the school or enroll. You have to do this without knowing anything about the programs and tuition so it is just a way to see if you can overcome no and not sound to pushy.   Answer Question
    They hire you Temp to Perm through an agency so there is no negotiation

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

First interview by phone by area training manager. Second interview on campus by Enrollment manager I would work directly under. Did not show me the noisy call center like environment I would be working in. (everyone in the same room...dividers low so you could see and hear everyone at once. Nor was I able to meet co-workers prior to being hired. Was not made aware that this was a high pressure sales job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me if I would be able to work with co-workers who were significantly younger. I felt this exhibited ageism, which I experienced after being hired.   Answer Question
    They told me at the very start of the first interview that the salary would be $32,000 a year and asked if I would be ok with that. If not ok, the interview would stop there. That didn't much leave room to negotiate once I knew more about the job. I would have liked to receive the job offer before committing to a salary. Once you know they want you, you are in a stronger position to negotiate.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2009.

Attended a group assessment where information on the job was provided, asked to perform a skit in front of the group promoting someone else for the position (to observe your sales skills), asked to leave resume with panel of observing managers if still interested. called back for 1on1 interview if they liked you in the group assessment.....

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral based questions like: Tell me of a time.... How would you handle a workplace conflict.... What do you anticipate this job to be like on a day to day basis....   Answer Question
    No neg. It started at $34k...bottom line

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interviewer spent most of the time talking about themselves and their accomplishments, both prior to and during their time at the company. This made for a very interesting interview. Then the person choose to talk about the fact that he knew people from my prior company and then described his interactions with them. It was a very strange interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2008.

I had to prepare a mini workshop (topic of my choice) and train the panel.

Interview Questions
    • providing three adjectives that describe my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

I had been offered another position with a different company a week before UoP made an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2008.

After posting my resume online, I was contacted by a corporate recruitor from the Orange County campus who was assisting the San Diego Campus staffing needs. A group interview was scheduled, and I made travel plans from Northern California to attend. The group interview was interactive, highlighted interviewing and presentation skills. A callback was placed a couple of days later, and a one-on-one interview was scheduled with the Director of Admissions. An offer was placed a week later. People & management are friendly, and production was the main emphasis.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2010.

I had a phone interview then a group interview followed by a 1:1 interview. I was hired a day later and started 2 days after that.

Everything is pretty set in stone but if this is your thing the pay is good

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!